DVD Info needed from an Expert

Roy Ballew

DVD Info needed from an Expert
I just added a new HD to my system, (3rd HD). Before putting the new HD in
I removed the DVD drive letter J:\ so it would be last after all the HD
drive letters.

After getting everything set up and giving my DVD it's proper Drive letter
of L:\, here's the problem.

I do a lot of movie burning and like the Windows DVD Maker program for the
Menu choices it offers.

BUT the problem now is this, when I open the DVD Maker it does not show my
DVD burner now.

Does anyone know where in the Registry one might be able to reset this for
the DVD Maker to be able show it.. or any solution.. and NO I do not want to
put the DVD in the middle of my HD partitions. and I really hate to have to
reinstall Vista again....

Thanks in advance..

--
RJB

IkidUnot

RE: DVD Info needed from an Expert
If you were to put the DVD drive back to its original drive letter
(temporarily, of course), does DVD Maker find the drive?
I'm not in from of my Vista PC now so I can't check real quick, but can you
un-install and re-install this component of the OS? If so, then perhaps you
can re-install it using the drive letter arrangement that you want.
yes? no?
--
-me.
Let this forum know if this helps or if you figure out the problem, so

"Roy Ballew" wrote:

> I just added a new HD to my system, (3rd HD). Before putting the new HD in
> I removed the DVD drive letter J:\ so it would be last after all the HD
> drive letters.
>
> After getting everything set up and giving my DVD it's proper Drive letter
> of L:\, here's the problem.
>
> I do a lot of movie burning and like the Windows DVD Maker program for the
> Menu choices it offers.
>
> BUT the problem now is this, when I open the DVD Maker it does not show my
> DVD burner now.
>
> Does anyone know where in the Registry one might be able to reset this for
> the DVD Maker to be able show it.. or any solution.. and NO I do not want to
> put the DVD in the middle of my HD partitions. and I really hate to have to
> reinstall Vista again....
>

> Thanks in advance..
>
> --
> RJB

RJB

Re: DVD Info needed from an Expert
Ok, I just Ghosted my my Vista back to right after I registered it..

I checked to see what happens when I added various software...

It is the VirtualDrive 11.6 software causing this...

After uninstalling VD11.6 the DVD maker won't work either..

So I had to Ghost back and just leave VD11.6 off..

Thanks for your input...

--
RJB

news60ED570-7564-4A48-B5B4-2CD778D6220D@microsoft.com...