Creative Zen Micro not being registered?

Chibi-Sorrow

Creative Zen Micro not being registered?
Okay, so here is my dilema:

I have a Creative Zen Micro Mp3 player. It always worked fine with my old
Laptop (windows XP) and it originally worked with this laptop (windows
Vista). Then after my computer crash and I had to restore everything, it
stopped syncing right with the computer. Every time I plug the USB cable in,
it says the device is not connected. Now, another problem is that I have to
update the firmware on my Mp3 player in order for it to work (So I can also
put more music onto it). But in order to do that, I need it to connect.

See my problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Oh, and before I forget: Yes, I tried changing USB cords and different USB
ports.
roy69

Re: Creative Zen Micro not being registered?

The crash may have corrupted the drivers or other software for the
device. First try re-installing the device and see if this works.

--
roy69

- Core 2 Quad Q6600
- Abit IP35 Pro
- 4 x 1GB OcUK PC2-6400 C5 800 MHZ Dual Channel
- Leadtek GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3
- CiBox TFT 22" Widescreen LCD Panel. 1680 x 1050
- Creative X-Fi 7.1 PCI-E
- Antec 900 Ultimate Gaming Case
- Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900 Speakers
- Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Complient PSU
miguel

"Chibi-Sorrow" wrote:

> Okay, so here is my dilema:
>
> I have a Creative Zen Micro Mp3 player. It always worked fine with my old
> Laptop (windows XP) and it originally worked with this laptop (windows
> Vista). Then after my computer crash and I had to restore everything, it
> stopped syncing right with the computer. Every time I plug the USB cable in,
> it says the device is not connected. Now, another problem is that I have to
> update the firmware on my Mp3 player in order for it to work (So I can also
> put more music onto it). But in order to do that, I need it to connect.
>
> See my problem?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Oh, and before I forget: Yes, I tried changing USB cords and different USB
> ports.

hello chibi

iam miguel from nj iam going thru the same exact problem with my zen my
computer lets it charge but it doesnt reconise the device its pluged and i
try to down load the softwear to reboot it but nothing is there any way u can
hekp me it was working fine but my daughter started to mess with it and
reformatted the device and not its not working is there any way 4 me to have
my laptop reconise the device pls help thanx have a great day

Chibi-Sorrow

Re: Creative Zen Micro not being registered?
See if what works? And I've tried reinstalling it several times. On a side
note, I don't have the disk anymore, but that wasn't a big issue the first
time I got this laptop (because I haven't had the disk for over a year now).

"roy69" wrote:

> The crash may have corrupted the drivers or other software for the
> device. First try re-installing the device and see if this works.
>

> --
> roy69
>
> - Core 2 Quad Q6600
> - Abit IP35 Pro
> - 4 x 1GB OcUK PC2-6400 C5 800 MHZ Dual Channel
> - Leadtek GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3
> - CiBox TFT 22" Widescreen LCD Panel. 1680 x 1050
> - Creative X-Fi 7.1 PCI-E
> - Antec 900 Ultimate Gaming Case
> - Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900 Speakers
> - Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Complient PSU

Scott T. Indresano

Re: Creative Zen Micro not being registered?
You should be able to reset the MP3 player. Follow this link:
http://193.95.171.83/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WE...,Case=obj(4794)