Microsoft mail newsreader and glasses

Eddie G

Microsoft mail newsreader and glasses
There is a column where the subject lines are with a pair of glasses. What
is this for? Also, with Windows Mail (that comes with Vista) every time I
post a message in a newsgroup my message has the glasses next to it and the
subject line is in red. How do I stop this?

Thanks!

Eddie G

Eddie G

Re: Microsoft mail newsreader and glasses

"Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote in message
news:976dnQJdNLXr0WrYnZ2dnUVZ_oWdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> There is a column where the subject lines are with a pair of glasses.
> What
> is this for? Also, with Windows Mail (that comes with Vista) every time I
> post a message in a newsgroup my message has the glasses next to it and
> the
> subject line is in red. How do I stop this?

Whoops!! Sorry about this posting in the "hardware" group...that was a
mistake.

JoAnn Paules

Re: Microsoft mail newsreader and glasses
It means you are *watching* \that thread. Get it? Watching - pair of
glasses..............

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote in message
news:976dnQJdNLXr0WrYnZ2dnUVZ_oWdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> There is a column where the subject lines are with a pair of glasses.
> What
> is this for? Also, with Windows Mail (that comes with Vista) every time I
> post a message in a newsgroup my message has the glasses next to it and
> the
> subject line is in red. How do I stop this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Eddie G

Bill Leary

Re: Microsoft mail newsreader and glasses
"Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote in message
news:976dnQJdNLXr0WrYnZ2dnUVZ_oWdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> There is a column where the subject lines are with a pair of glasses.
> What
> is this for?

It's so that you can have the system watch a message thread for you. Click
in there, the glasses light up, and whenever messages are added to that
thread, they'll appear in red to call your attention to them.

> Also, with Windows Mail (that comes with Vista) every time I
> post a message in a newsgroup my message has the glasses next
> to it and the subject line is in red.

It's automatically setting up a watch on your messages.

> How do I stop this?

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Message Threads

Uncheck "Mark message threads I start as as 'Watched'"

- Bill

"Bill Leary" <Bill_Leary@msn.com> wrote in message
> "Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:976dnQJdNLXr0WrYnZ2dnUVZ_oWdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>> There is a column where the subject lines are with a pair of glasses.
>> What
>> is this for?

> It's so that you can have the system watch a message thread for you.
> Click in there, the glasses light up, and whenever messages are added to
> that thread, they'll appear in red to call your attention to them.
>
>> Also, with Windows Mail (that comes with Vista) every time I
>> post a message in a newsgroup my message has the glasses next
>> to it and the subject line is in red.

> It's automatically setting up a watch on your messages.
>
>> How do I stop this?

> Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Message Threads
>
> Uncheck "Mark message threads I start as as 'Watched'"

Thank you! You don't live in Abington, PA do you? I know of a Bill Leary
(not that there is only one...<g>)