USB Flash drive for readyboot

jlocatell

USB Flash drive for readyboot
Just looking for experience with USB flash drives for readyboot. I've read
that its recommended to match the USB capacity with the computer RAM size.
it is true?

Any brand/model for recommend ?

Pls share your experience!!

thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?QmVubnk=?=

RE: USB Flash drive for readyboot
When I purchased my Vista Upgrade (Ultimate,) staples was giving a free PNY
Attache flash drive away with the upgrade purchase. It is a 1GB drive and
works well for readyboost. I have 2GB on board on my machine. The only
sizing reccommendations that I have heard regarding Readboost devices was
that it is using your flash drive, instead of your hard drive, to store
temporary files. So here I guess, bigger is better to some limit. Who knows
what the limit is?

Benny

"jlocatell" wrote:

> Just looking for experience with USB flash drives for readyboot. I've read
> that its recommended to match the USB capacity with the computer RAM size.
> it is true?
>
> Any brand/model for recommend ?
>
> Pls share your experience!!
>
> thanks in advance.

Dustin Harper

Re: USB Flash drive for readyboot
I'm using a Patriot 4GB. If you are buying a USB drive for ReadyBoost only,
I'd recommend upping your RAM instead. If you are using it for a portable
storage device as well, then I'd go for a 2 - 4 GB drive.

With 1 GB of physical RAM, it does make a difference. When I use 2 GB of
physical RAM, it is a lot less noticeable.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"jlocatell" <jlocatell@datamarkets.com.ar> wrote in message
> Just looking for experience with USB flash drives for readyboot. I've read
> that its recommended to match the USB capacity with the computer RAM size.
> it is true?
>
> Any brand/model for recommend ?
>
> Pls share your experience!!
>
> thanks in advance.

Amrykid

Re: USB Flash drive for readyboot
I have a PNY U3 attachie flash drive and I showed a size to use so I went
with recommended. That's the best way to go in my opinion.

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
> I'm using a Patriot 4GB. If you are buying a USB drive for ReadyBoost
> only, I'd recommend upping your RAM instead. If you are using it for a
> portable storage device as well, then I'd go for a 2 - 4 GB drive.
>
> With 1 GB of physical RAM, it does make a difference. When I use 2 GB of
> physical RAM, it is a lot less noticeable.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
> --
> "jlocatell" <jlocatell@datamarkets.com.ar> wrote in message
>> Just looking for experience with USB flash drives for readyboot. I've
>> read that its recommended to match the USB capacity with the computer RAM
>> size. it is true?
>>
>> Any brand/model for recommend ?
>>
>> Pls share your experience!!
>>
>> thanks in advance.

Amrykid

Re: USB Flash drive for readyboot
Sorry I ment that what windows recommened for it.