USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device)

=?Utf-8?B?VW5jaGFpbmVk?=

USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device)
Every time I plug my mouse (Micro-Innovations, Model #PD902P) into my laptop
I get the option of installing the mouse. I click on locate and install mouse
(recommended)and it starts the Windows Auto install thing. It shows
Unidentifed Device and says Downloading update then goes to failed.

Then another box pops up and tells me that the USB Browser Mouse failed to
install because the driver installation file for this device is missing a
necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or
later.

I called MI and they said it was a Microsoft problem. I tried the solution
about opening the inf file and changing the thing in it but I didn't really
understand what to do. Any help would be appreciated.
=?Utf-8?B?VW5jaGFpbmVk?=

RE: USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device)
Anyone? Nothing I can do about it? Any ideas at all?

"Unchained" wrote:

> Every time I plug my mouse (Micro-Innovations, Model #PD902P) into my laptop
> I get the option of installing the mouse. I click on locate and install mouse
> (recommended)and it starts the Windows Auto install thing. It shows
> Unidentifed Device and says Downloading update then goes to failed.
>
> Then another box pops up and tells me that the USB Browser Mouse failed to
> install because the driver installation file for this device is missing a
> necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or
> later.
>
> I called MI and they said it was a Microsoft problem. I tried the solution
> about opening the inf file and changing the thing in it but I didn't really
> understand what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Don

Unchained wrote:
> Every time I plug my mouse (Micro-Innovations, Model #PD902P) into my laptop
> I get the option of installing the mouse. I click on locate and install mouse
> (recommended)and it starts the Windows Auto install thing. It shows
> Unidentifed Device and says Downloading update then goes to failed.
>
> Then another box pops up and tells me that the USB Browser Mouse failed to
> install because the driver installation file for this device is missing a
> necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or
> later.
>
> I called MI and they said it was a Microsoft problem. I tried the solution
> about opening the inf file and changing the thing in it but I didn't really
> understand what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Whose solution did you try? Are there instructions available somewhere?
=?Utf-8?B?VW5jaGFpbmVk?=

Re: USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device)
The solution someone else said in the other USB mouse thread. It edit the INF
file and take out the thing that was missing it up. I've searched the web but
everyone says the same thing, that it is a Microsoft Vista problem and
everyone is waiting on Microsoft to fix it.

"Don" wrote:

> Unchained wrote:
> > Every time I plug my mouse (Micro-Innovations, Model #PD902P) into my laptop
> > I get the option of installing the mouse. I click on locate and install mouse
> > (recommended)and it starts the Windows Auto install thing. It shows
> > Unidentifed Device and says Downloading update then goes to failed.
> >
> > Then another box pops up and tells me that the USB Browser Mouse failed to
> > install because the driver installation file for this device is missing a
> > necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or
> > later.
> >
> > I called MI and they said it was a Microsoft problem. I tried the solution
> > about opening the inf file and changing the thing in it but I didn't really
> > understand what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

> Whose solution did you try? Are there instructions available somewhere?

Amrykid

Re: USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device)
I had a related problem yesterday. When you first got it did it install?
If it did and it stopped working now, try system restore to a point that
when after it installed and before the time you got the problem.

"Unchained" <Unchained@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I plug my mouse (Micro-Innovations, Model #PD902P) into my
> laptop
> I get the option of installing the mouse. I click on locate and install
> mouse
> (recommended)and it starts the Windows Auto install thing. It shows
> Unidentifed Device and says Downloading update then goes to failed.
>
> Then another box pops up and tells me that the USB Browser Mouse failed to
> install because the driver installation file for this device is missing a
> necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or
> later.
>
> I called MI and they said it was a Microsoft problem. I tried the solution
> about opening the inf file and changing the thing in it but I didn't
> really
> understand what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?VW5jaGFpbmVk?=

Re: USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device)
No, it never installed at all

"Amrykid" wrote:

> I had a related problem yesterday. When you first got it did it install?
> If it did and it stopped working now, try system restore to a point that
> when after it installed and before the time you got the problem.
>
> "Unchained" <Unchained@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time I plug my mouse (Micro-Innovations, Model #PD902P) into my
> > laptop
> > I get the option of installing the mouse. I click on locate and install
> > mouse
> > (recommended)and it starts the Windows Auto install thing. It shows
> > Unidentifed Device and says Downloading update then goes to failed.
> >
> > Then another box pops up and tells me that the USB Browser Mouse failed to
> > install because the driver installation file for this device is missing a
> > necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or
> > later.
> >
> > I called MI and they said it was a Microsoft problem. I tried the solution
> > about opening the inf file and changing the thing in it but I didn't
> > really
> > understand what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Amrykid

Re: USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device)
Try check the makers website for support and driver downloads.

> No, it never installed at all
>
> "Amrykid" wrote:
>
>> I had a related problem yesterday. When you first got it did it install?
>> If it did and it stopped working now, try system restore to a point that
>> when after it installed and before the time you got the problem.
>>
>> "Unchained" <Unchained@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Every time I plug my mouse (Micro-Innovations, Model #PD902P) into my
>> > laptop
>> > I get the option of installing the mouse. I click on locate and install
>> > mouse
>> > (recommended)and it starts the Windows Auto install thing. It shows
>> > Unidentifed Device and says Downloading update then goes to failed.
>> >
>> > Then another box pops up and tells me that the USB Browser Mouse failed
>> > install because the driver installation file for this device is missing
>> > necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95
>> > or
>> > later.
>> >
>> > I called MI and they said it was a Microsoft problem. I tried the
>> > solution
>> > about opening the inf file and changing the thing in it but I didn't
>> > really
>> > understand what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?VW5jaGFpbmVk?=

Re: USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device)
yea i tried that they don't have any drivers

"Amrykid" wrote:

> Try check the makers website for support and driver downloads.
>
> "Unchained" <Unchained@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No, it never installed at all
> >
> > "Amrykid" wrote:
> >
> >> I had a related problem yesterday. When you first got it did it install?
> >> If it did and it stopped working now, try system restore to a point that
> >> when after it installed and before the time you got the problem.

Amrykid

Re: USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device)
Try going to Control panel> Device manager> click the the device that’s your
mouse and click update driver> then search automatically for update driver
software.
Now it will search the computer and the internet for drivers. that may help.

> yea i tried that they don't have any drivers
>
> "Amrykid" wrote:
>
>> Try check the makers website for support and driver downloads.
>>
>> "Unchained" <Unchained@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > No, it never installed at all

=?Utf-8?B?VW5jaGFpbmVk?=

Re: USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device)
lol yeah i've tried all that. nothing seems to work.