Optical USB Mouse turning on and off

Tmac

Optical USB Mouse turning on and off
My Logitech Optical Laser USB Mouse has just recently begun turning on and
off whenever it feels like it. I have used the mouse for years and all seemed
good. I got a new laptop 5 months ago with Vista Ultimate 32 bit and the
mouse worked fine, but a few days ago my laptop froze up and I was forced to
hold down the power button to restart it. When it rebooted the mouse will
work for a while then turn off for 3-5 seconds and then work again. Does this
a few times every minute. I have 6 USB ports and tried the mouse in all of
them but has the same problem. Tried the mouse on another computer and it
works fine. Device manager says device is working properly and all latest
drivers are alredy installed. Please help me, it is sooo frustrating trying
to game or work with this P.O.S! Thanks
davidjchuang

Re: Optical USB Mouse turning on and off

Tmac;667324 Wrote:
> My Logitech Optical Laser USB Mouse has just recently begun turning on
> and
> off whenever it feels like it. I have used the mouse for years and all
> seemed
> good. I got a new laptop 5 months ago with Vista Ultimate 32 bit and
> the
> mouse worked fine, but a few days ago my laptop froze up and I was
> forced to
> hold down the power button to restart it. When it rebooted the mouse
> will
> work for a while then turn off for 3-5 seconds and then work again.
> Does this
> a few times every minute. I have 6 USB ports and tried the mouse in all
> of
> them but has the same problem. Tried the mouse on another computer and
> it
> works fine. Device manager says device is working properly and all
> latest
> drivers are alredy installed. Please help me, it is sooo frustrating
> trying
> to game or work with this P.O.S! Thanks

Hi. Just a long shot. Go to Windows Update and download the optional
called " Other Hardware HID Non-User Input Data Filter ". See if that
solves the problem. Please let me know if it's any good.

--
davidjchuang
Tmac

"davidjchuang" wrote:

> Tmac;667324 Wrote:
> > My Logitech Optical Laser USB Mouse has just recently begun turning on
> > and
> > off whenever it feels like it. I have used the mouse for years and all
> > seemed
> > good. I got a new laptop 5 months ago with Vista Ultimate 32 bit and
> > the
> > mouse worked fine, but a few days ago my laptop froze up and I was
> > forced to
> > hold down the power button to restart it. When it rebooted the mouse
> > will
> > work for a while then turn off for 3-5 seconds and then work again.
> > Does this
> > a few times every minute. I have 6 USB ports and tried the mouse in all
> > of
> > them but has the same problem. Tried the mouse on another computer and
> > it
> > works fine. Device manager says device is working properly and all
> > latest
> > drivers are alredy installed. Please help me, it is sooo frustrating
> > trying
> > to game or work with this P.O.S! Thanks

> Hi. Just a long shot. Go to Windows Update and download the optional
> called " Other Hardware HID Non-User Input Data Filter ". See if that
> solves the problem. Please let me know if it's any good.
>

> --
> davidjchuang

Thanks for your input. I tried an optional update called "Synaptics Touchpad
Device" or something like that. Couldn't find the update you reccommended
thought. Installed the update and restarted laptop, but still having the same
problems. I am outta ideas here.

Tmac;669396 Wrote:
> "davidjchuang" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Tmac;667324 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi. Just a long shot. Go to Windows Update and download the optional
> > > called " Other Hardware HID Non-User Input Data Filter ". See if that
> > > solves the problem. Please let me know if it's any good.
> > >

> > > --
> > > davidjchuang
> > > > >

> Thanks for your input. I tried an optional update called "Synaptics
> Touchpad
> Device" or something like that. Couldn't find the update you
> reccommended
> thought. Installed the update and restarted laptop, but still having
> the same
> problems. I am outta ideas here.

I don't know why you couldn't find that optional update, unless you
already had it installed and you don't remember. You can go back to
Windows Updates, and click Updates History. Check the list and see if
it's there. If not, and if no solution has been found yet, try ask the
forum, see if someone can tell you how to get that update. That optional
has something to do with remote control applications. Some of us had
problem with screensaver not responding. It was because as long as the
wireless pointer is resting on the computer screen, the laser impulses
trick the computer into thinking something is still running, hence no
screensaver. Once we had installed that update, problem solved. Like I
said, it's a long shot, but not without grounds. Let me know what
happens eventually. Thank you.

--
davidjchuang

davidjchuang;669485 Wrote:
> > Tmac;669396 Wrote:
> > "davidjchuang" wrote:
> >

> > Thanks for your input. I tried an optional update called "Synaptics
> > Touchpad
> > Device" or something like that. Couldn't find the update you
> > reccommended
> > thought. Installed the update and restarted laptop, but still having
> > the same
> > problems. I am outta ideas here.> >

> I don't know why you couldn't find that optional update, unless you
> already had it installed and you don't remember. You can go back to
> Windows Updates, and click Updates History. Check the list and see if
> it's there. If not, and if no solution has been found yet, try ask the
> forum, see if someone can tell you how to get that update. That
> optional has something to do with remote control applications. Some of
> us had problem with screensaver not responding. It was because as long
> as the wireless pointer is resting on the computer screen, the laser
> impulses trick the computer into thinking something is still running,
> hence no screensaver. Once we had installed that update, problem
> solved. Like I said, it's a long shot, but not without grounds. Let me
> know what happens eventually. Thank you.

Hi, I have not given up , not yet. Someone from this forum gave me
this, regarding your problem of not finding the optional update. The
following is his quote :
" First try to plug in his/her keyboard/mouse before searching for new
updates. If that doesn't work, (re-)install the IntelliPoint software
and search for the update again." ( end of quote) Here is the link he
gave :
htt://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1
Personally, I am not sure what to make of his first sentence. May be
he wants you to use "wired" mouse first?? Anyway good luck. Wouldn't
mind knowing you eventual result(s). See ya.

--
davidjchuang
Tmac

"davidjchuang" wrote:

> davidjchuang;669485 Wrote:
> > > Tmac;669396 Wrote:
> > > "davidjchuang" wrote:
> > >

> > > Thanks for your input. I tried an optional update called "Synaptics
> > > Touchpad
> > > Device" or something like that. Couldn't find the update you
> > > reccommended
> > > thought. Installed the update and restarted laptop, but still having
> > > the same
> > > problems. I am outta ideas here.> >

> > I don't know why you couldn't find that optional update, unless you
> > already had it installed and you don't remember. You can go back to
> > Windows Updates, and click Updates History. Check the list and see if
> > it's there. If not, and if no solution has been found yet, try ask the
> > forum, see if someone can tell you how to get that update. That
> > optional has something to do with remote control applications. Some of
> > us had problem with screensaver not responding. It was because as long
> > as the wireless pointer is resting on the computer screen, the laser
> > impulses trick the computer into thinking something is still running,
> > hence no screensaver. Once we had installed that update, problem
> > solved. Like I said, it's a long shot, but not without grounds. Let me
> > know what happens eventually. Thank you.

> Hi, I have not given up , not yet. Someone from this forum gave me
> this, regarding your problem of not finding the optional update. The
> following is his quote :
> " First try to plug in his/her keyboard/mouse before searching for new
> updates. If that doesn't work, (re-)install the IntelliPoint software
> and search for the update again." ( end of quote) Here is the link he
> gave :
> htt://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1
> Personally, I am not sure what to make of his first sentence. May be
> he wants you to use "wired" mouse first?? Anyway good luck. Wouldn't
> mind knowing you eventual result(s). See ya.
>

> --
> davidjchuang

Your right. It was there. I found it and installed it, then
restarted....been using it for over an hour now and no problems as of yet. I
think it did the trick. Thanks so much for your knowledge, that mouse really
bothered me. Good to know I can come here and ask you intelligent people if I
have any problems Thanks again!

Tmac;671739 Wrote:
> "davidjchuang" wrote:
> > > >

> > > davidjchuang;669485 Wrote:
> > > Hi, I have not given up , not yet. Someone from this forum gave me
> > > this, regarding your problem of not finding the optional update. The
> > > following is his quote :
> > > " First try to plug in his/her keyboard/mouse before searching for

> > new
> > > updates. If that doesn't work, (re-)install the IntelliPoint software
> > > and search for the update again." ( end of quote) Here is the link he
> > > gave :
> > > htt://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1
> > > Personally, I am not sure what to make of his first sentence. May be
> > > he wants you to use "wired" mouse first?? Anyway good luck. Wouldn't
> > > mind knowing you eventual result(s). See ya.
> > >

> > > --
> > > davidjchuang
> > > > >

> Your right. It was there. I found it and installed it, then
> restarted....been using it for over an hour now and no problems as of
> yet. I
> think it did the trick. Thanks so much for your knowledge, that mouse
> really
> bothered me. Good to know I can come here and ask you intelligent
> people if I
> have any problems Thanks again!

I'm flattered. Intelligent I'm not. Glad to be of any help to you.
PS. How did you find it? After you installed the TelliPoint software,
or you just miised it the first time ?? I'd like to know. Thank you.

--
davidjchuang
Tmac

"davidjchuang" wrote:

> Tmac;671739 Wrote:

> > > new

> > Your right. It was there. I found it and installed it, then
> > restarted....been using it for over an hour now and no problems as of
> > yet. I
> > think it did the trick. Thanks so much for your knowledge, that mouse
> > really
> > bothered me. Good to know I can come here and ask you intelligent
> > people if I
> > have any problems Thanks again!

> I'm flattered. Intelligent I'm not. Glad to be of any help to you.
> PS. How did you find it? After you installed the TelliPoint software,
> or you just miised it the first time ?? I'd like to know. Thank you.
>

> --
> davidjchuang

I had to install the IntelliPoint software first and then I was able to find
the update. Can't understand why it was not there first time, but the mouse
works fine now so I'm happy!!! Thanks again