SRAM and PCMCIA Flash Drivers

p156a

SRAM and PCMCIA Flash Drivers
To all the genii out there! I have a customer (surveyor) who has this old
measuring equipment (worth $50,000) that uses SRAM to record surveying
measurements. The data is then transferred back to a CAD program via the
SRAM card that is pleaced into a PCMCIA slot.

This all work fine under Windos 95,98,ME,2000 and XP, however, it does not
work under Vista as Vista does not seem to have drivers for PCMCIA and Flash
Cards like the others do.

The problem is to get the SRAM data into Vista so that a new version of the
CAD program will access it in the field. (via a Toshiba laptop that has a
standard PCMCIA slot). Vista recognises that something is there when the
SRAM card is plugged into the PCMCIA slot but has no drivers.

Does anyone have any suggestion that will help? I have just spent 3 hours
trawling the NET looking for clues.

Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]

Re: SRAM and PCMCIA Flash Drivers
Unless the manufacturer of the plug-in PCMCIA card releases Vista drivers,
you aren't going to be able to get this device working in Vista. Without
the proper drivers it just won't work and there is no workaround

"p156a" <mcgill@pnc.com.au> wrote in message
> To all the genii out there! I have a customer (surveyor) who has this old
> measuring equipment (worth $50,000) that uses SRAM to record surveying
> measurements. The data is then transferred back to a CAD program via the
> SRAM card that is pleaced into a PCMCIA slot.
>
> This all work fine under Windos 95,98,ME,2000 and XP, however, it does not
> work under Vista as Vista does not seem to have drivers for PCMCIA and
> Flash Cards like the others do.
>
> The problem is to get the SRAM data into Vista so that a new version of
> the CAD program will access it in the field. (via a Toshiba laptop that
> has a standard PCMCIA slot). Vista recognises that something is there when
> the SRAM card is plugged into the PCMCIA slot but has no drivers.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestion that will help? I have just spent 3 hours
> trawling the NET looking for clues.

=?Utf-8?B?TmVwaGlsaW0=?=

Re: SRAM and PCMCIA Flash Drivers
In the windows XP version there is a Generic driver for this SRAM cards. I
need this driver for the windows vista.

The manufacter (Sony corporation jp) does not supply this drivers no mater
the operating system.

"Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]" wrote:

> Unless the manufacturer of the plug-in PCMCIA card releases Vista drivers,
> you aren't going to be able to get this device working in Vista. Without
> the proper drivers it just won't work and there is no workaround
>
> "p156a" <mcgill@pnc.com.au> wrote in message
> > To all the genii out there! I have a customer (surveyor) who has this old
> > measuring equipment (worth $50,000) that uses SRAM to record surveying
> > measurements. The data is then transferred back to a CAD program via the
> > SRAM card that is pleaced into a PCMCIA slot.
> >
> > This all work fine under Windos 95,98,ME,2000 and XP, however, it does not
> > work under Vista as Vista does not seem to have drivers for PCMCIA and
> > Flash Cards like the others do.
> >
> > The problem is to get the SRAM data into Vista so that a new version of
> > the CAD program will access it in the field. (via a Toshiba laptop that
> > has a standard PCMCIA slot). Vista recognises that something is there when
> > the SRAM card is plugged into the PCMCIA slot but has no drivers.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestion that will help? I have just spent 3 hours
> > trawling the NET looking for clues.

Location: Oregon, USA
Shelby Griggs is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: SRAM and PCMCIA Flash Drivers
This is an old thread and this is my first post. While searching for a SRAM solution in Vista, I came across this thread, my post on another board produced a solution, not one that is free, BUT it does appear to work.

http://www.tssc.de/index.htm# offers a CardWare 7.0 for Windows Vista package for EUR 59.99 that seems to work. Thought I would pass this on to this board as I spent several hours finding this solution.

I am a surveyor too, and the OP was probably trying to get the same data download solution that I was.

SHG