Vista won't burn Data CDs

=?Utf-8?B?V2luZ21hbg==?=

Vista won't burn Data CDs
When I insert a blank disc (CD-R), Vista prompts me to "Burn Files To Disc
Using Windows".

-I select this then change Disc name & format to "mastered".

-I then move the documents I want to burn to the DVD RW Drive (E.

-I select "Burn Files" and it begins to add data to image disc but suddenly
ejects the CD and an error message follows: "There was a problem burning this
disc" and thats it! No help, no troubleshoot, no solutions!

Windows says I have the most updated driver for my DVD-RW Drive. (ATAPI DVD
W DH16W1P ATA)

In device manager the name for my drive is missing the 'R' in DVD RW. So it
only reads ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P.... could this be the problem?

What's more puzzling is that I've used Windows Media Player to burn music
files. It worked great! So the CD-Rs are fine. I'd prefer to use the windows
burning wizard or whatever so I don't have to buy Nero etc...

Please Help! I hope I was detailed enough. Thanks for your time!
Ryan

Same problem
I'm having a similar problem with a Gateway system. I can't burn Data DVD's using Windows.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Richard G. Harper

Re: Same problem
Bummer, dude.

"Ryan" wrote in message news:200742713448rtkeller83@yahoo.com...
> I'm having a similar problem with a Gateway system. I can't burn Data
> DVD's using Windows.

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Larry Maturo

Re: Vista won't burn Data CDs
Don't depend on Windows for your drivers. Half the time their drivers
lock up the system and requires you to roll back to before you installed
them. Be suure to visit the drive makers web-site to see if they have
new Vista drivers available.

-- Larry Maturo

"Wingman" <Wingman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I insert a blank disc (CD-R), Vista prompts me to "Burn Files To Disc
> Using Windows".
>
> -I select this then change Disc name & format to "mastered".
>
> -I then move the documents I want to burn to the DVD RW Drive (E.
>
> -I select "Burn Files" and it begins to add data to image disc but
> suddenly
> ejects the CD and an error message follows: "There was a problem burning
> this
> disc" and thats it! No help, no troubleshoot, no solutions!
>
> Windows says I have the most updated driver for my DVD-RW Drive. (ATAPI
> DVD
> W DH16W1P ATA)
>
> In device manager the name for my drive is missing the 'R' in DVD RW. So
> it
> only reads ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P.... could this be the problem?
>
> What's more puzzling is that I've used Windows Media Player to burn music
> files. It worked great! So the CD-Rs are fine. I'd prefer to use the
> windows
> burning wizard or whatever so I don't have to buy Nero etc...
>
> Please Help! I hope I was detailed enough. Thanks for your time!

terryskibby

Re: Vista won't burn Data CDs

I have the same DVD drive on an Acer Aspire T180 series desktop computer
using Vista Home Premium. The name of the drive shows up the same way
as yours in the device manager (missing the 'R').

I was able to burn a CD (data) as you described, using a TDK CD-R 52X
disk. I think it burned at 48X. Is it possible to burn at a slower
speed, would that help? Also was the disk usable?

Once I encountered a problem where the disk did not burn, I switched to
another burning program called NTI CD and DVD maker-7 and was
successful.

--
terryskibby