Dual use of LCD monitor

=?Utf-8?B?UmJydW1teQ==?=

Dual use of LCD monitor
I have a new Vista computer and an older XP computer. Both are not used at
the same time. I have an LCD monitor with both a digital and an analog
connection. Could I have the XP computer connected to the analog connection
and the Vista computer connected to the digital connection and use the
monitor with both computers as long as only one computer is powered up?
Dominic Payer

Re: Dual use of LCD monitor
Usually there is a front panel selector to allow choice of inputs. Selection
is automatic if only one input is active.

Both computers can run simultaneously, but only one computer's display can
be shown on the screen. It's your choice which, and you can switch as you
like.

"Rbrummy" <Rbrummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new Vista computer and an older XP computer. Both are not used at
> the same time. I have an LCD monitor with both a digital and an analog
> connection. Could I have the XP computer connected to the analog
> connection
> and the Vista computer connected to the digital connection and use the
> monitor with both computers as long as only one computer is powered up?

Lilo Lentz

Re: Dual use of LCD monitor
Exactly how is that done?
I'm asking cuz I tried using only the digital connection and nothing
worked...
For my Samsung SyncMaster 940BF only the analog connection seems to work...

Lilo

"Dominic Payer" <dcp@fsv.co.uk> skrev i meddelelsen
> Usually there is a front panel selector to allow choice of inputs.
> Selection is automatic if only one input is active.
>
> Both computers can run simultaneously, but only one computer's display can
> be shown on the screen. It's your choice which, and you can switch as you
> like.
>

> "Rbrummy" <Rbrummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a new Vista computer and an older XP computer. Both are not used
>>at
>> the same time. I have an LCD monitor with both a digital and an analog
>> connection. Could I have the XP computer connected to the analog
>> connection
>> and the Vista computer connected to the digital connection and use the
>> monitor with both computers as long as only one computer is powered up?

Dominic Payer

Re: Dual use of LCD monitor
Your manual will tell you which is the source selection button.

Check that the DVI cable is undamaged and securely inserted.
The graphics card driver may need specific setup instructions to output to
the DVI connector.

It is possible that the DVI connector to your monitor or graphics card is
faulty. Go through all the official troubleshooting steps specified in your
manual.