Dedicated voice devices

=?Utf-8?B?R3VydQ==?=

Dedicated voice devices
Hello,
In Windows XP you were able to connect, for example, a USB headset and then
set that device as the "Voice" device while keeping the main computer
speakers as the default device for all other sounds. This allowed a person to
keep their headset connected and use it for voice conversations using IM
programs while still being able to have their speakers for music and other
sounds. Even during a voice conversation the normal speakers could be used
for music while the voice of the person being communicated with was coming
out of the headset. In Vista it appears this feature has been taken away
despite its usefulness and growing demand. In Vista when a usb headset is
connected it becomes the default device, and when you try to make the
speakers the default device while it is connected, it changes it back to the
headset automatically.
Is it possible to once again use the usb headset for voice only?

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices
paddlr

RE: Dedicated voice devices
I agree. This feature is critical for VoIP programs. Without it, one has to
reset the default audio device in the VoIP program every time it's launched.