high speed usb controller

wyodad

high speed usb controller
I recently installed a new MB (Gigabyte S-series) and the high speed usb
controller won't install. The error message is as follows -

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while
attempting to install it.
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and
check the support section for driver software.

WTF? I'm not sure if VBista needs a repair or if the driver is hosed. Any
suggestions...

Mick Murphy

RE: high speed usb controller
Go into Device Manager> right-click on the problem USB Controllor>Properties>
and let windows search on the Net for the driver.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"wyodad" wrote:

> I recently installed a new MB (Gigabyte S-series) and the high speed usb
> controller won't install. The error message is as follows -
>
> Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device
> Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while
> attempting to install it.
> Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
> If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and
> check the support section for driver software.
>
> WTF? I'm not sure if VBista needs a repair or if the driver is hosed. Any
> suggestions...

wyodad

RE: high speed usb controller
A fine suggestion; too bad I tried that weeks ago. Thanks anyway.

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Go into Device Manager> right-click on the problem USB Controllor>Properties>
> and let windows search on the Net for the driver.
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "wyodad" wrote:
>
> > I recently installed a new MB (Gigabyte S-series) and the high speed usb
> > controller won't install. The error message is as follows -
> >
> > Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device
> > Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while
> > attempting to install it.
> > Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
> > The system cannot find the file specified.
> > If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and
> > check the support section for driver software.
> >
> > WTF? I'm not sure if VBista needs a repair or if the driver is hosed. Any
> > suggestions...

RalfG

Re: high speed usb controller
Install the chipset drivers for your motherboard. Either from Gigabyte or
direct from the manufacturer of the chipset.