Power button

=?Utf-8?B?UXVheXphcg==?=

Power button
I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 6400 with windows vista already
installed. ever since the very first time i tried to turn it on the power
button refuses to work correctly. when the computer is turned off completely
and i attempt to turn it on by pressing the power button, the computer does
nothing. no lights turn on, the screen does nothing. however, if i then
press the Dell MediaDirect button on my notebook, the computer will turn on
and go directly to the MedaDirect UI. since this does not actually boot
windows, i then click on exit which turns off the computer. if i press the
power button shortly after that the computer will finally turn on the boot
windows.

How in the world is this happening? can anyone help? thanks
David B.

Re: Power button
This would be a question for Dell tech support, it's not related to Vista.

--

----
http://www.db-pc.com

"Quayzar" <Quayzar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 6400 with windows vista already
> installed. ever since the very first time i tried to turn it on the power
> button refuses to work correctly. when the computer is turned off
> completely
> and i attempt to turn it on by pressing the power button, the computer
> does
> nothing. no lights turn on, the screen does nothing. however, if i then
> press the Dell MediaDirect button on my notebook, the computer will turn
> on
> and go directly to the MedaDirect UI. since this does not actually boot
> windows, i then click on exit which turns off the computer. if i press
> the
> power button shortly after that the computer will finally turn on the boot
> windows.
>
> How in the world is this happening? can anyone help? thanks

John

Re: Power button I don't know about that
I don't know about that look at my proble don't have the other to wake
it.....

Thanks Jerry

Hi hope someone can help, Kind of in a bind, PC - hp a730n

I installed Vista, everything great worked fine, changed power profile
(created a new one) monitor does not go off, computer does not sleep,
and disk always on, CPU max power... in attempt to bring up my overall
rating, which it did by .2

Several days later I found what is or like the sleep mode to the right
on
the start menu, before the small menu for shut down and restart etc.
Well I pressed it and everything faded out. moved mouse to start it
back up,
"nothing". Pressed power switch, it would not even turn on the fan.
All that I see is the power supply flashing

I've unplugged the power, waited for flashing to stop, re plugged and
press
power on, nothing. I've unplugged power supply connectors to mother
board
I then get a solid light on the PS, but when plugged back it
blinks.....

was this the sleep of all timeOn Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:33:05 -0400,
"David B." <brooks.dj@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>This would be a question for Dell tech support, it's not related to Vista.

John

Re: Power button
I don't know about that

look at my problem don't have the other to wake
it.....

Thanks Jerry

Hi hope someone can help, Kind of in a bind, PC - hp a730n

I installed Vista, everything great worked fine, changed power profile
(created a new one) monitor does not go off, computer does not sleep,
and disk always on, CPU max power... in attempt to bring up my overall
rating, which it did by .2

Several days later I found what maybe low power mode or like the sleep
mode to the right on the start menu, before the small menu for shut
down and restart etc.
Well I pressed it and everything faded out. moved mouse to start it
back up,
"nothing". Pressed power switch, it would not even turn on the fan.
All that I see is the power supply flashing

I've unplugged the power, waited for flashing to stop, re plugged and
press
power on, nothing. I've unplugged power supply connectors to mother
board
I then get a solid light on the PS, but when plugged back it
blinks.....

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:54:08 -0700, Quayzar