WindowsUpdate_80070103 installfailure

Rene

WindowsUpdate_80070103 installfailure
Hello
Im trying to install windows vista update: ATK - system - ATK0110 ACPI
UTILITY
But everytime I get the notice install failed: WindowsUpdate_80070103
does anybody know whats the problem?

Amity Waisel

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
I have quite a similar problem. I have an ASUS P5RD1-VM motherboard and I
each time I restart my computer or insert a disk to my PC, I get an error
blue screen, with the message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
The driver ASUS supplies isn't for Windows Vista (I have Windows Vista Home
Premium).
Do you have any solutions?

Thanks,
Amity

"Rene" wrote:

> Hello
> Im trying to install windows vista update: ATK - system - ATK0110 ACPI
> UTILITY
> But everytime I get the notice install failed: WindowsUpdate_80070103
> does anybody know whats the problem?

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Which driver causes the problem. My husband's PC (built by me) has the same
motherboard and is running Vista Ultimate without a problem.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Amity Waisel" <AmityWaisel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have quite a similar problem. I have an ASUS P5RD1-VM motherboard and I
> each time I restart my computer or insert a disk to my PC, I get an error
> blue screen, with the message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
> The driver ASUS supplies isn't for Windows Vista (I have Windows Vista
> Premium).
> Do you have any solutions?
>
> Thanks,
> Amity
>
> "Rene" wrote:
>
>> Hello
>> Im trying to install windows vista update: ATK - system - ATK0110 ACPI
>> UTILITY
>> But everytime I get the notice install failed: WindowsUpdate_80070103
>> does anybody know whats the problem?

Amity Waisel

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
I don't really know. This problem (or a similar one) occured on this computer
with WinXP, so I installed Windows Vista to fix it, but now the problem
returned.
On the solutions center there is a message that the error was caused by
ATK0110 ACPI driver, and the solution is Windows Update. Windows Update found
no updates for this driver. I tried to download the driver for my MotherBoard
from ASUS web, but there was no Vista-Compatible one so I updated it manually
by choosing the INF file there. I didn't help, the problem still exists.
The problem mainly happens when I try to read a CD/DVD from my computer's
drive, or just turn-off/restart the computer. Just before it shuts down, the
screen becomes blue, and after few seconds the computer begins to upload the
Windows, and when I log-on the is a message that there was an unexpected
error for windows.
How can I fix that?
Thank you

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Which driver causes the problem. My husband's PC (built by me) has the same
> motherboard and is running Vista Ultimate without a problem.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Amity Waisel" <AmityWaisel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have quite a similar problem. I have an ASUS P5RD1-VM motherboard and I
> > each time I restart my computer or insert a disk to my PC, I get an error
> > blue screen, with the message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
> > The driver ASUS supplies isn't for Windows Vista (I have Windows Vista
> > Premium).
> > Do you have any solutions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Amity
> >
> > "Rene" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello
> >> Im trying to install windows vista update: ATK - system - ATK0110 ACPI
> >> UTILITY
> >> But everytime I get the notice install failed: WindowsUpdate_80070103
> >> does anybody know whats the problem?

ztipkorb

Re: WindowsUpdate_80070103 installfailure

hello everybody! i'm also using *P5RD1-VM* motherboard, w/ Intel Celeron
CPU 2.66ghz, 512mb ddr1, and running a 32bit Vista Ultimate. I just
upgrade my OS from XP to Vista Ultimate, and same problem i encountered,
one is AUDIO problem, my SoundMax Audio driver doesn't seem to work.
Please share if you have found any solution regarding this problem.
Thanks. PS. I also have problem regarding dial-up connection. Why is may
connectivity status is always NO or LIMITED connectivity..

--
ztipkorb
vincent

RE: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL