New Creative drivers

Bob

New Creative drivers
New drivers for many Creative soundcards Vista 32bit and 64 bit:
http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

mlai

Re: New Creative drivers
And for many, absolutely nothing has changed. No WHQL. Even the release
note is identical to the beta. Can't help but wonder what went wrong with
CL.
"Bob" <luna5nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> New drivers for many Creative soundcards Vista 32bit and 64 bit:
> http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

dev

Re: New Creative drivers
/mlai/ said:

> "Bob" <luna5nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>> New drivers for many Creative soundcards Vista 32bit and 64 bit:
>> http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

> And for many, absolutely nothing has changed. No WHQL. Even the
> release note is identical to the beta. Can't help but wonder what
> went wrong with CL.

If you install this driver, and find Vista shutdown time to be
considerably slower thereafter, open START menu|RUN and type "msconfig"
(no quotes) into the box...

Click the START UP tab, and UNcheck the CLhelper and CTXFIhelp items.
Click on OK when asked to reboot. When Vista is loaded a box will
appear. Check "do not show again" and click on OK.
Conor

Re: New Creative drivers
In article <#aQd2Q5YHHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, dev says...
> /mlai/ said:
>
> > "Bob" <luna5nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> >> New drivers for many Creative soundcards Vista 32bit and 64 bit:
> >> http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

> > And for many, absolutely nothing has changed. No WHQL. Even the
> > release note is identical to the beta. Can't help but wonder what
> > went wrong with CL.

> If you install this driver, and find Vista shutdown time to be
> considerably slower thereafter, open START menu|RUN and type "msconfig"
> (no quotes) into the box...
>
> Click the START UP tab, and UNcheck the CLhelper and CTXFIhelp items.
> Click on OK when asked to reboot. When Vista is loaded a box will
> appear. Check "do not show again" and click on OK.

Also to add. With this driver, Battlefield 2 crashes after an hours
playing with "BF2 Memory Error".

Another top driver from Creative.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
=?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBYWElJ?=

Re: New Creative drivers
It really seems like little to nothing was done between December
2006--current as far as Ctreative labs and their "driver team" goes. This
driver added no more functionality than I had before. Really missing DD in
my gaming; which is what this card is for ---> XiFi Extreme.