Display Driver Stoped

=?Utf-8?B?bGVv?=

Display Driver Stoped
I get this error message just after Windows Vista starts:

Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display Driver nvlddmkm responding and has successfully recovered

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Re: Display Driver Stoped
I had the identical error after purchasing a new PowerSpec T470 with a
GeForce 7300GT (256M). The error did not occur if Aero was turned off. With
Aero turned on, however, the problem occurred frequently -- like every few
minutes.

After trying a variety of different drivers from nVidia, I ultimately
determined that my hardware was at fault (probably the 7300GT, but possibly
the motherboard in the T470), exchanged it for another new T470, and the
problem has not recurred.

If this is a new computer, try Windows Update to see if there is an updated
driver. If the problem recurs during a session (in my case, it happened
every few minutes, and sometimes the whole computer would freeze), then you
might consider the possibility that it's a hardware problem.

If this is an older computer in which you've never had video problems
before, and if Windows Update doesn't resolve it, you might try visiting
nvidia, http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp, to see if they
have later drivers for your video system, which might resolve the problem.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"leo" <leo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get this error message just after Windows Vista starts:
>
> Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered
> Display Driver nvlddmkm responding and has successfully recovered

=?Utf-8?B?bmly?=

Re: Display Driver Stoped
Had the same problem with my NVIDIA GeForce 6200, updated the driver from
NVIDIA website (10th March 2007) and problem stopped.

Regards,