My computer can't detect my speakers

mattias

My computer can't detect my speakers
Okay, I am currently using XP and I can't get my speakers to work. They are
plugged in, have power, but the computer can't detect them. I don't have the
install discs for either my sound card or speakers. What can I do besides
get new speakers or a new sound card?
Hank

Re: My computer can't detect my speakers
Well, First of all this is a VISTA hardware group Not an XP Group. Second
your speakers arent going to work without your soundcard working. Third, go
to the manufacturer's website who made your soundcard and you should be able
to download the install software for your soundcard. Install the software
and you should be OK

Hank

"mattias" <mattias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news3211FA8-6A62-4E9C-A54A-A7180A7D00E5@microsoft.com...
> Okay, I am currently using XP and I can't get my speakers to work. They
> are
> plugged in, have power, but the computer can't detect them. I don't have
> the
> install discs for either my sound card or speakers. What can I do besides
> get new speakers or a new sound card?

Dustin Harper

Re: My computer can't detect my speakers
What sound card are you using? You need to download and install the drivers
for the sound card and they should work no problem.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"mattias" <mattias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news3211FA8-6A62-4E9C-A54A-A7180A7D00E5@microsoft.com...
> Okay, I am currently using XP and I can't get my speakers to work. They
> are
> plugged in, have power, but the computer can't detect them. I don't have
> the
> install discs for either my sound card or speakers. What can I do besides
> get new speakers or a new sound card?

terribletowel5

Re: My computer can't detect my speakers

what if u dont know the company that manufactured your soundcard. i dont
even know what a soundcard is, cant u just plug in teh speakers and tehy
work???? my speakers are perfectly plugged in, and when i go to sound
and audio devices i cant change anything everything i can change is grey
and i cant click them, so im guessing my computer cant read my speakers,
how can i fix this without a soundcard or a new speaker system

--
terribletowel5
terribletowel5's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/108467.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Richard Urban

Re: My computer can't detect my speakers
Your computer will see the speakers IF you have the requisite drivers
installed for the sound card.

If you are not comfortable handling this yourself, take the computer to a
local PC repair person and ask him/her to sort it out for you. Make sure to
bring your speakers in with the computer.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP