Motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem on Vista

greyman

Motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem on Vista
Hello,

I am trying to install the drivers available from motorola that are
supposed to be vista compatible as said by the motorola support
site.But when i install the modem using the newest drivers,the modem
isnt installed correctly and the error code 10 comes (device could not
start).

When i install the drivers that were ment to be for win xp,the modem
gets installed correctly,but the modem query command in the modem
diagnostic tab of the driver's property says that the interrupt for
the port should be checked for correctness..

see this:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9762/capturebr4.jpg

But i dont know how to check interrupt for the port on which the
modem is installed..

Can anyone help me out of this situation?

Thanks.

Regards.

dev

Re: Motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem on Vista
/greyman/ said:

> I am trying to install the drivers available from motorola that are
> supposed to be vista compatible as said by the motorola support
> site. But when i install the modem using the newest drivers, the modem
> isn't installed correctly and the error code 10 comes (device could not
> start).
>
> When i install the drivers that were meant to be for win xp,the modem
> gets installed correctly,but the modem query command in the modem
> diagnostic tab of the driver's property says that the interrupt for
> the port should be checked for correctness..
>
> see this:
>
> http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9762/capturebr4.jpg
>
> But i don't know how to check interrupt for the port on which the
> modem is installed..
>
> Can anyone help me out of this situation?

Though my attempts were prior to any mention of Vista by Motorola, I
gave up. The modem would always be assigned to a high-numbered,
non-functional port that could not be changed. At least, I never found
a way.

I instead installed an Intel 536EP which, with the correct driver, works
satisfactorily in Vista.

nitolin is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem on Vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyman View Post
[...]

Hello!

I have the same issue! Please, i know this topic is too old, but did you find a solution??.. reply me to el_platense@hotmai.com