USB Mass Storage Device Driver

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: USB Mass Storage Device Driver
If the V3 supports bluetooth, it's definitely the way to go. My V551
doesn't need any extra software, I just bluetooth to and from... just like
it's a wireless external drive. All you'd need is a cheap ($14 or so)
dongle.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"fenrisform" <fenrisform3000@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying to get my generic MP3 Player to work on Vista. It worked
> fine in XP as it is detected as a
> Plug n Play USB Mass storage device. But now, Vista gives me a window that
> the device is looking for a
> driver. My MP3 Player didn't come with any software because of the
> obvious. I've Yahooed and Googled
> around for hours for a driver but I absolutely found NO results.
>
> AND for my next problem is my Motorola V3 which worked fine in XP. Now
> this comes with a driver but
> still NO good results. I've installed the software which should eventually
> help me get plugged in for
> Vista, but after awhile, Vista is trying to locate drivers for my phone.
> This is beginning to suck but Vista rocks
> and XP is really a boring software.
>
> anyone, HELP. Please. Many thanks in advance
>
> --
> freelance multimedia designer
> www.cpluv.com/fenrisform

Richard G. Harper

Re: USB Mass Storage Device Driver
Sounds like you need updated USB drivers for your
computer/motherboard/laptop, whichever would be the case. You could also
try this update - may not help but it sure won't hurt:

"fenrisform" <fenrisform3000@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying to get my generic MP3 Player to work on Vista. It worked
> fine in XP as it is detected as a
> Plug n Play USB Mass storage device. But now, Vista gives me a window that
> the device is looking for a
> driver. My MP3 Player didn't come with any software because of the
> obvious. I've Yahooed and Googled
> around for hours for a driver but I absolutely found NO results.
>
> AND for my next problem is my Motorola V3 which worked fine in XP. Now
> this comes with a driver but
> still NO good results. I've installed the software which should eventually
> help me get plugged in for
> Vista, but after awhile, Vista is trying to locate drivers for my phone.
> This is beginning to suck but Vista rocks
> and XP is really a boring software.
>
> anyone, HELP. Please. Many thanks in advance
>
> --
> freelance multimedia designer
> www.cpluv.com/fenrisform

Me

Re: USB Mass Storage Device Driver
if it was formatted as fat 32 in xp that will be a problem to look into
"fenrisform" <fenrisform3000@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying to get my generic MP3 Player to work on Vista. It worked
> fine in XP as it is detected as a
> Plug n Play USB Mass storage device. But now, Vista gives me a window that
> the device is looking for a
> driver. My MP3 Player didn't come with any software because of the
> obvious. I've Yahooed and Googled
> around for hours for a driver but I absolutely found NO results.
>
> AND for my next problem is my Motorola V3 which worked fine in XP. Now
> this comes with a driver but
> still NO good results. I've installed the software which should eventually
> help me get plugged in for
> Vista, but after awhile, Vista is trying to locate drivers for my phone.
> This is beginning to suck but Vista rocks
> and XP is really a boring software.
>
> anyone, HELP. Please. Many thanks in advance
>
> --
> freelance multimedia designer
> www.cpluv.com/fenrisform

William Dowell

Re: USB Mass Storage Device Driver
I have similar problem - only solution for now is to manually search for the
driver (each time new item is added) in Windows/System32 (and
subdirectories)...

I'm waiting to hear back from what the heck is the solution to this bug...
We're not the only ones that's for sure.

--
Best regards,
William
"Me" <anyone@home.yet> wrote in message
> if it was formatted as fat 32 in xp that will be a problem to look into
> "fenrisform" <fenrisform3000@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I've been trying to get my generic MP3 Player to work on Vista. It worked
>> fine in XP as it is detected as a
>> Plug n Play USB Mass storage device. But now, Vista gives me a window
>> that the device is looking for a
>> driver. My MP3 Player didn't come with any software because of the
>> obvious. I've Yahooed and Googled
>> around for hours for a driver but I absolutely found NO results.
>>
>> AND for my next problem is my Motorola V3 which worked fine in XP. Now
>> this comes with a driver but
>> still NO good results. I've installed the software which should
>> eventually help me get plugged in for
>> Vista, but after awhile, Vista is trying to locate drivers for my phone.
>> This is beginning to suck but Vista rocks
>> and XP is really a boring software.
>>
>> anyone, HELP. Please. Many thanks in advance
>>
>> --
>> freelance multimedia designer
>> www.cpluv.com/fenrisform

Samuri

USB Mass Storage Device Driver not found
Well I had this problem, and managed to resolve it - you need to install your motherboard chipset drivers for Vista, and your devices will be detected correctly. Hope that helps

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
undsoft

Re: USB Mass Storage Device Driver

Manual selection of system32 folder and deleting infcache (in
windows\inf) may help.

--
undsoft
undsoft's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26730