Mouse_Snap To prob_Vista Mail

=?Utf-8?B?fmpiaXJkfg==?=

Mouse_Snap To prob_Vista Mail
Snap to - mouse feature selected in Control Panel/Mouse works everywhere but
Windows Mail_any ideas how to enable it? Forgot to implement it?
Re: Logitech USB Wheel mouse (optical) w/MS native driver which "Vista" sez
is OK
<DGuess of Mail team, referred me to the Shell Team is this You?>
Cal Bear '66

Re: Mouse_Snap To prob_Vista Mail
Same problem here (Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000)

"~jbird~" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Snap to - mouse feature selected in Control Panel/Mouse works everywhere
> but
> Windows Mail_any ideas how to enable it? Forgot to implement it?
> Re: Logitech USB Wheel mouse (optical) w/MS native driver which "Vista"
> sez
> is OK
> <DGuess of Mail team, referred me to the Shell Team is this You?>

=?Utf-8?B?fmpiaXJkfg==?=

Re: Mouse_Snap To prob_Vista Mail
Cal Bear-- have you had a reply that was helpful yet? And/or where is the
"Shell team"?

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Same problem here (Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000)
>

> "~jbird~" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Snap to - mouse feature selected in Control Panel/Mouse works everywhere
> > but
> > Windows Mail_any ideas how to enable it? Forgot to implement it?
> > Re: Logitech USB Wheel mouse (optical) w/MS native driver which "Vista"
> > sez
> > is OK
> > <DGuess of Mail team, referred me to the Shell Team is this You?>

Re: Mouse_Snap To prob_Vista Mail
The Connect Dialogs, if launched from Winmail jump 1" north west when one
tries to click the deffault button has been a problem with OE/Winmail for
quite a few versions. Is that what you mean? Because Snap To works elsewhere
in Winmail.
> Cal Bear-- have you had a reply that was helpful yet? And/or where is the
> "Shell team"?
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Same problem here (Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000)
>>

>> "~jbird~" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Snap to - mouse feature selected in Control Panel/Mouse works
>> > everywhere
>> > but
>> > Windows Mail_any ideas how to enable it? Forgot to implement it?
>> > Re: Logitech USB Wheel mouse (optical) w/MS native driver which "Vista"
>> > sez
>> > is OK
>> > <DGuess of Mail team, referred me to the Shell Team is this You?>

Cal Bear '66

Re: Mouse_Snap To prob_Vista Mail
No helpful response yet...it happens for instance when confirming deletion
of messages.
This did not happen with previous versions of OE.

<.> wrote in message news:%23gN20w4ZHHA.3268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> The Connect Dialogs, if launched from Winmail jump 1" north west when one
> tries to click the deffault button has been a problem with OE/Winmail for
> quite a few versions. Is that what you mean? Because Snap To works
> elsewhere in Winmail.
> "~jbird~" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Cal Bear-- have you had a reply that was helpful yet? And/or where is the
>> "Shell team"?
>>
>> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>>
>>> Same problem here (Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000)

=?Utf-8?B?fmpiaXJkfg==?=

Re: Mouse_Snap To prob_Vista Mail
Thanks "." I get the prob when I right click on the Deleted Items folder,
then L-click "Empty"--the cursor doesn't Snap To the Yes button in the
Confirm dialog (like it does when I manage the Recycle Bin and elsewhere, in
similar fashion). I wonder why this dialog seems to be an
exception?(confirming that 'it works elsewhere in Mail')---and--- can
anything be done about it?

"." wrote:

> The Connect Dialogs, if launched from Winmail jump 1" north west when one
> tries to click the deffault button has been a problem with OE/Winmail for
> quite a few versions. Is that what you mean? Because Snap To works elsewhere
> in Winmail.
> "~jbird~" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Cal Bear-- have you had a reply that was helpful yet? And/or where is the
> > "Shell team"?
> >
> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> Same problem here (Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000)

dean-dean

Re: Mouse_Snap To prob_Vista Mail
It's not a mouse problem, but a programming issue. Snap-to will only work
if the programmer of the application assigned a button in a dialog to be the
"default" button. In Outlook Express on XP, "Empty the Deleted Items
Folder" had a default button assigned in the resulting dialog, but this is
not the case with the same command in Windows Mail. Unless this is changed
in a Windows Mail file upgrade from Microsoft, there's really nothing a user
can do to change it. The same holds true for any other program, from
Microsoft or elsewhere, that has buttons that are not coded to be the
default, either by design or through oversight...

> Thanks "." I get the prob when I right click on the Deleted Items folder,
> then L-click "Empty"--the cursor doesn't Snap To the Yes button in the
> Confirm dialog (like it does when I manage the Recycle Bin and elsewhere,
> in
> similar fashion). I wonder why this dialog seems to be an
> exception?(confirming that 'it works elsewhere in Mail')---and--- can
> anything be done about it?
>
> "." wrote:
>
>> The Connect Dialogs, if launched from Winmail jump 1" north west when one
>> tries to click the deffault button has been a problem with OE/Winmail for
>> quite a few versions. Is that what you mean? Because Snap To works
>> elsewhere
>> in Winmail.
>> "~jbird~" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Cal Bear-- have you had a reply that was helpful yet? And/or where is
>> > the

Re: Mouse_Snap To prob_Vista Mail
I can confirm that. It is probably not a dialog box but a bodgied up IE/OE
thing. I don't have all my tools installed so can't confirm that but IE team
did stuff like this long ago.
"~jbird~" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks "." I get the prob when I right click on the Deleted Items folder,
> then L-click "Empty"--the cursor doesn't Snap To the Yes button in the
> Confirm dialog (like it does when I manage the Recycle Bin and elsewhere,
> in
> similar fashion). I wonder why this dialog seems to be an
> exception?(confirming that 'it works elsewhere in Mail')---and--- can
> anything be done about it?
>
> "." wrote:
>
>> The Connect Dialogs, if launched from Winmail jump 1" north west when one
>> tries to click the deffault button has been a problem with OE/Winmail for
>> quite a few versions. Is that what you mean? Because Snap To works
>> elsewhere
>> in Winmail.
>> "~jbird~" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Cal Bear-- have you had a reply that was helpful yet? And/or where is
>> > the

=?Utf-8?B?fmpiaXJkfg==?=

Re: Mouse_Snap To prob_Vista Mail
Makes sense "." and thanks as well "dean-dean"-I'm sure that's the deal-I
guess (no pun majik) the quintessential question remains--who do I call or
notify (appropriately) to get this on the right desk, so as to assume a fix
could be on the horizon? Should I approach Guess or Pickering or who/what?