Sound in Vista

R.T.

Sound in Vista

Please Microsoft explain the reason you made the change in the
audio format in Vista, this was very stupid, many of your costomers
are not happy, if I would have been info. I would have not purchase
Vista, next time I will wait before purchasing any other windows
version.

My question is there any sound card out there working A-1 with
Vista and please give us the brand name of this product.

TIA
R.T.

Re: Sound in Vista
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:03:07 -0500, R.T. <tassebob@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Please Microsoft explain the reason you made the change in the
>audio format in Vista, this was very stupid, many of your costomers
>are not happy, if I would have been info. I would have not purchase
>Vista, next time I will wait before purchasing any other windows
>version.
>

> My question is there any sound card out there working A-1 with
>Vista and please give us the brand name of this product.
>

> TIA

There is a card by Auzentech the name is X-Meridian any
feedback out there. Please forget Crative card very bad support and no
drivers working without problems.
CrimLiar

Re: Sound in Vista
"R.T." <tassebob@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Please Microsoft explain the reason you made the change in the
> audio format in Vista, this was very stupid, many of your costomers
> are not happy, if I would have been info. I would have not purchase
> Vista, next time I will wait before purchasing any other windows
> version.
>

> My question is there any sound card out there working A-1 with
> Vista and please give us the brand name of this product.
>

> TIA

The basics of the change are: In Vista to improve reliability of the
central code, device drivers for both Video and Audio have been removed from
that central code. The idea being that the services that provide Sound and
Video can crash (and be rebooted live) without bringing the whole system
down. Pretty much the situation as it was prior to Win2000 (NT5) and XP
(NT5.1) only with the ability to actually do decent Video and Audio. Its a
horribly simplified explanation but I hope its sufficient....

Regards soundcards that fully work in Vista. CreativeLabs now have Release
Candidate drivers for their X-Fi cards which run solidly here. I think they
have drivers for most of the Audigy series cards too, though they may have
limited functionality in regards to emulating DirectSound3D through the use
of OpenAL (they may not be limited, I'm not sure). I'm not aware of any
other sound cards that fully emulate DS3D correctly yet, certainly the HiFi
sound chip on my main board sounds horribly flat compared to the X-Fi.

Crimliar

R.T.

Re: Sound in Vista
On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 22:23:00 -0000, "CrimLiar"
<dont@waste.your.time.trying> wrote:

>"R.T." <tassebob@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:b2m3v2lnfbulc2cv1murcueq8a9caae48b@4ax.com.. .
>>
>> Please Microsoft explain the reason you made the change in the
>> audio format in Vista, this was very stupid, many of your costomers
>> are not happy, if I would have been info. I would have not purchase
>> Vista, next time I will wait before purchasing any other windows
>> version.
>>

>> My question is there any sound card out there working A-1 with
>> Vista and please give us the brand name of this product.
>>

>> TIA

>The basics of the change are: In Vista to improve reliability of the
>central code, device drivers for both Video and Audio have been removed from
>that central code. The idea being that the services that provide Sound and
>Video can crash (and be rebooted live) without bringing the whole system
>down. Pretty much the situation as it was prior to Win2000 (NT5) and XP
>(NT5.1) only with the ability to actually do decent Video and Audio. Its a
>horribly simplified explanation but I hope its sufficient....
>
>Regards soundcards that fully work in Vista. CreativeLabs now have Release
>Candidate drivers for their X-Fi cards which run solidly here. I think they
>have drivers for most of the Audigy series cards too, though they may have
>limited functionality in regards to emulating DirectSound3D through the use
>of OpenAL (they may not be limited, I'm not sure). I'm not aware of any
>other sound cards that fully emulate DS3D correctly yet, certainly the HiFi
>sound chip on my main board sounds horribly flat compared to the X-Fi.
>
>Crimliar

See Creative labs web page, people (s) are mad, the
drivers for many of there cards are bad, the Audigy series is really
bad, CL came out with drivers in early January as beta, today the same
drivers were put out as the final drivers, (same drivers as the beta
with no change) the sound is for the birds, any info. regarding
Auzentech sound cards exemple: the X-Meridian, this company is saying
this sound card is for Vista. This is a new card just out . Any info
????

Thank you
Bigjimley

Re: Sound in Vista
I bought the Meridan lastnight for my HTPC, but decided I'd try it my
desktop with Vista 32bit first, I had no problems installing it but 5.1 does
not work correctly. I did download the lastest driver as of yesterday, I did
get the onboard CMI9880 fully working today and it sounds as it should.

> [...]

> this sound card is for Vista. This is a new card just out . Any info
> ????
>
> Thank you

CrimLiar

Re: Sound in Vista
"R.T." <tassebob@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 22:23:00 -0000, "CrimLiar"
> <dont@waste.your.time.trying> wrote:
>
> See Creative labs web page, people (s) are mad, the
> drivers for many of there cards are bad, the Audigy series is really
> bad, CL came out with drivers in early January as beta, today the same
> drivers were put out as the final drivers, (same drivers as the beta
> with no change) the sound is for the birds, any info. regarding
> Auzentech sound cards exemple: the X-Meridian, this company is saying
> this sound card is for Vista. This is a new card just out . Any info

At the moment Creavitves support for Vista (especially X64) is no worse than
anyone else's. Yes there are people having problems, there are also people
who have no major issues with the current drivers (though the full software
suite would be nice). And believe me when they are working there is no
discernable difference between how the cards sound running in XP or Vista
(even X64).

As it stands any soundcard based on the the C-Media Oxygen HD CMI8788 Audio
Processor (such as the X-Meridian) is going to sound good playing games, and
exceptional for listening to music and movie soundtracks (DVD playback etc).
Comparing that to the CL X-Fi cards these provide exceptional ingame sound
and excellent (though not exceptional) music and movie sound (the lack of
AC3 encoding is a joke). The advantage to the X-Fi cards is that they
off-load more more processing from the CPU to the Audio chip.

I do have to say though, as things stand at the moment; if you were a
musician looking to create music on your PC, I wouldn't recommend Vista yet!

Crimliar

=?Utf-8?B?UXVpY2tzaWw1OQ==?=

Re: Sound in Vista
It sure would be nice to hear from Microsoft on this. If they were going to
make it so that sound cards had to be compatible with xbox 360 sound on
Vista, you think they would have gotten a standard out before they launched
their operating system!

CrimLiar

Re: Sound in Vista
"Quicksil59" <Quicksil59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It sure would be nice to hear from Microsoft on this. If they were going
> make it so that sound cards had to be compatible with xbox 360 sound on
> Vista, you think they would have gotten a standard out before they
> launched
> their operating system!

Hmm, by X64 I was referring to the 64bit version of Vista.

Crimliar

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=

Re: Sound in Vista

"CrimLiar" wrote:

> "R.T." <tassebob@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Please Microsoft explain the reason you made the change in the
> > audio format in Vista, this was very stupid, many of your costomers
> > are not happy, if I would have been info. I would have not purchase
> > Vista, next time I will wait before purchasing any other windows
> > version.
> >

> > My question is there any sound card out there working A-1 with
> > Vista and please give us the brand name of this product.
> >

> > TIA

> The basics of the change are: In Vista to improve reliability of the
> central code, device drivers for both Video and Audio have been removed from
> that central code. The idea being that the services that provide Sound and
> Video can crash (and be rebooted live) without bringing the whole system
> down. Pretty much the situation as it was prior to Win2000 (NT5) and XP
> (NT5.1) only with the ability to actually do decent Video and Audio. Its a
> horribly simplified explanation but I hope its sufficient....
>
> Regards soundcards that fully work in Vista. CreativeLabs now have Release
> Candidate drivers for their X-Fi cards which run solidly here. I think they
> have drivers for most of the Audigy series cards too, though they may have
> limited functionality in regards to emulating DirectSound3D through the use
> of OpenAL (they may not be limited, I'm not sure). I'm not aware of any
> other sound cards that fully emulate DS3D correctly yet, certainly the HiFi
> sound chip on my main board sounds horribly flat compared to the X-Fi.
>
> Crimliar

Look I ran Vista for not that long b/c I used a X-Fi card and it would just
stop and everything not just my player would A. go down or B. crash all
together. I was very unhappy about this b/c I play music all day every day
so I really need my music to work when I click the play button. So please
fix it so it will not crash on me and I will go back to vista but if you
don't do not say you have....I love windows but this is really making me
think to go to OS X or something were I don't have to try to get something to
work it just works.