Sync Windows Vista and HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6700)

=?Utf-8?B?U3R1cG90?=

Sync Windows Vista and HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6700)
I have the my mobile device HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6700) which
runs Windows Mobile 5.0 and use to Sync to Windows XP SP2 using ActiveSync
4.0. I also run MS Office 2003.

I have now upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium. When I plug in the mobile
device Windows Mobile Center recognises it but I can only search for files on
the Pocket PC or open Media Player.

Vista does not sync all the MS Office stuff (contacts, email, calendars
etc). Can someone help me please?

Max

Re: Sync Windows Vista and HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6700)
Disconnect device.
Install this:
Reboot.
Reconnect device.

--
Maxwell Bluemeanie
------

"Stupot" <Stupot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the my mobile device HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6700)
>which
> runs Windows Mobile 5.0 and use to Sync to Windows XP SP2 using ActiveSync
> 4.0. I also run MS Office 2003.
>
> I have now upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium. When I plug in the
> mobile
> device Windows Mobile Center recognises it but I can only search for files
> on
> the Pocket PC or open Media Player.
>
> Vista does not sync all the MS Office stuff (contacts, email, calendars
> etc). Can someone help me please?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBE?=

Re: Sync Windows Vista and HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6
I have the same problem as Stupot (with an IPAQ), and have loaded the file
you suggest - no difference. Any other ideas please?
John

"Max" wrote:

> Disconnect device.
> Install this:
> Reboot.
> Reconnect device.
>
> --
> Maxwell Bluemeanie
> ------
>
> "Stupot" <Stupot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the my mobile device HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6700)
> >which
> > runs Windows Mobile 5.0 and use to Sync to Windows XP SP2 using ActiveSync
> > 4.0. I also run MS Office 2003.
> >
> > I have now upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium. When I plug in the
> > mobile
> > device Windows Mobile Center recognises it but I can only search for files
> > on
> > the Pocket PC or open Media Player.
> >
> > Vista does not sync all the MS Office stuff (contacts, email, calendars
> > etc). Can someone help me please?

Max

Re: Sync Windows Vista and HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6
What version of Windows Mobile is running on your Ipaq?

--
Maxwell Bluemeanie
----
"John D" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem as Stupot (with an IPAQ), and have loaded the file
> you suggest - no difference. Any other ideas please?
> John
>
> "Max" wrote:
>
>> Disconnect device.
>> Install this:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>> Reboot.
>> Reconnect device.
>>
>> --
>> Maxwell Bluemeanie
>> ------
>>
>> "Stupot" <Stupot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have the my mobile device HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6700)
>> >which
>> > runs Windows Mobile 5.0 and use to Sync to Windows XP SP2 using
>> > ActiveSync
>> > 4.0. I also run MS Office 2003.
>> >
>> > I have now upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium. When I plug in the
>> > mobile
>> > device Windows Mobile Center recognises it but I can only search for
>> > files
>> > on
>> > the Pocket PC or open Media Player.
>> >
>> > Vista does not sync all the MS Office stuff (contacts, email, calendars
>> > etc). Can someone help me please?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBE?=

Re: Sync Windows Vista and HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6
Active Sync 4.3

"Max" wrote:

> What version of Windows Mobile is running on your Ipaq?
>
> --
> Maxwell Bluemeanie
> ----
> "John D" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same problem as Stupot (with an IPAQ), and have loaded the file
> > you suggest - no difference. Any other ideas please?
> > John
> >
> > "Max" wrote:
> >
> >> Disconnect device.
> >> Install this:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
> >> Reboot.
> >> Reconnect device.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Maxwell Bluemeanie
> >> ------

Max

Re: Sync Windows Vista and HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6
No, that's the version of Active Sync (that may have been running on a
computer without Vista installed)---has nothing to do with the version of
WINDOWS that is on your iPAQ, and will have no bearing on synching with WMDC
in Vista.
If the version of Windows Mobile on your device is pre-version 2003, it
won't work in Vista with WMDC with all sync features.

See here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx

"Supported Devices
Windows Mobile Device Center supports Windows Mobile 2003 or later devices."

You may also want to check here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...eshooting.mspx
--
Maxwell Bluemeanie
----
> Active Sync 4.3
>
> "Max" wrote:
>
>> What version of Windows Mobile is running on your Ipaq?
>>
>> --
>> Maxwell Bluemeanie
>> ----
>> "John D" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have the same problem as Stupot (with an IPAQ), and have loaded the
>> >file
>> > you suggest - no difference. Any other ideas please?
>> > John

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBE?=

Re: Sync Windows Vista and HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6
Sorry - it's Windows mobile 2003 second edition,version 4.21.1088 (Build 14132)

"Max" wrote:

> No, that's the version of Active Sync (that may have been running on a
> computer without Vista installed)---has nothing to do with the version of
> WINDOWS that is on your iPAQ, and will have no bearing on synching with WMDC
> in Vista.
> If the version of Windows Mobile on your device is pre-version 2003, it
> won't work in Vista with WMDC with all sync features.
>
> See here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx
>
> "Supported Devices
> Windows Mobile Device Center supports Windows Mobile 2003 or later devices."
>
> You may also want to check here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...eshooting.mspx
> --
> Maxwell Bluemeanie
> ----
> "John D" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Active Sync 4.3
> >
> > "Max" wrote:
> >
> >> What version of Windows Mobile is running on your Ipaq?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Maxwell Bluemeanie
> >> ----

Max

Re: Sync Windows Vista and HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6
OK, so it should be 'compatible'.
Check that Troubleshooting link below that I gave you to see if any of the
suggestions there might help you.
Good luck!

--
Maxwell Bluemeanie
----
> Sorry - it's Windows mobile 2003 second edition,version 4.21.1088 (Build
> 14132)
>
> "Max" wrote:
>
>> No, that's the version of Active Sync (that may have been running on a
>> computer without Vista installed)---has nothing to do with the version of
>> WINDOWS that is on your iPAQ, and will have no bearing on synching with
>> WMDC
>> in Vista.
>> If the version of Windows Mobile on your device is pre-version 2003, it
>> won't work in Vista with WMDC with all sync features.
>>
>> See here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx
>>
>> "Supported Devices
>> Windows Mobile Device Center supports Windows Mobile 2003 or later
>> devices."
>>
>> You may also want to check here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...eshooting.mspx
>> --
>> Maxwell Bluemeanie
>> ----
>> "John D" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Active Sync 4.3

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBE?=

Re: Sync Windows Vista and HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6
Thanks Max. I've been trying to solve this for some days now, and had
already seen a tried those links. From the number of threads on this subject
in Vista Community and elsewhere I am getting ahorrible feeling this is a
Microsoft screw-up that no-one has a solution too. I can only hope that
someone there is wathching the threads and will respond.

If you do have any further ideas...... :-)

John