ACPI problem....

=?Utf-8?B?ZWJhcjM=?=

ACPI problem....
I contact Microsoft and Gigabyte about this issue. Both didn't work. I have
an ACPI problem that gives errors right when I boot. The errors don't come up
in balloon on the screen they log automatically in the event viewer. I know
ACPI has to do with power management and I guess this explains why my tower
won't "sleep" anymore. BUt in the event viewer it states "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS
does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 14, function 0. Please
contact your system vendor for technical assistance." But it says it for PCI
slot 11, 12, 13, 14. What should I do. I have ALL devices updated with
updated or new drivers. Not one eliminated this since I installed Vista (last
weekend). I REALLY don't want to "reinstall" vista. It was done as a clean
version because I had XP PRO before this. What can I do?

Thanks
Edward
C.Skaggs

Re: ACPI problem....
What Gigabyte board is it, model number and revision. Does it have wifi?

"ebar3" <ebar3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I contact Microsoft and Gigabyte about this issue. Both didn't work. I have
> an ACPI problem that gives errors right when I boot. The errors don't come
> up
> in balloon on the screen they log automatically in the event viewer. I
> know
> ACPI has to do with power management and I guess this explains why my
> tower
> won't "sleep" anymore. BUt in the event viewer it states "IRQARB: ACPI
> BIOS
> does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 14, function 0. Please
> contact your system vendor for technical assistance." But it says it for
> PCI
> slot 11, 12, 13, 14. What should I do. I have ALL devices updated with
> updated or new drivers. Not one eliminated this since I installed Vista
> (last
> weekend). I REALLY don't want to "reinstall" vista. It was done as a clean
> version because I had XP PRO before this. What can I do?
>
> Thanks
> Edward

=?Utf-8?B?ZWJhcjM=?=

Re: ACPI problem....
My gigabyte motherboard is a K8Nf9 version 2.2 with 1gb of ram. My video card
is a Msi Nvidia geforce 7300LE. Microsoft and Gigabyte are leaning toward my
video card being the culprit. It will crash with a blue screen "IRQ- not less
or equal". No WIFI just regular ethernet. Any questions let me know. Thanks.

"C.Skaggs" wrote:

> What Gigabyte board is it, model number and revision. Does it have wifi?
>
> "ebar3" <ebar3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I contact Microsoft and Gigabyte about this issue. Both didn't work. I have
> > an ACPI problem that gives errors right when I boot. The errors don't come
> > up
> > in balloon on the screen they log automatically in the event viewer. I
> > know
> > ACPI has to do with power management and I guess this explains why my
> > tower
> > won't "sleep" anymore. BUt in the event viewer it states "IRQARB: ACPI
> > BIOS
> > does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 14, function 0. Please
> > contact your system vendor for technical assistance." But it says it for
> > PCI
> > slot 11, 12, 13, 14. What should I do. I have ALL devices updated with
> > updated or new drivers. Not one eliminated this since I installed Vista
> > (last
> > weekend). I REALLY don't want to "reinstall" vista. It was done as a clean
> > version because I had XP PRO before this. What can I do?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Edward

Bob

Re: ACPI problem....
"C.Skaggs" <fishyfool@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What Gigabyte board is it, model number and revision. Does it have wifi?
>
> "ebar3" <ebar3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I contact Microsoft and Gigabyte about this issue. Both didn't work. I
>>have
>> an ACPI problem that gives errors right when I boot. The errors don't
>> come up
>> in balloon on the screen they log automatically in the event viewer. I
>> know
>> ACPI has to do with power management and I guess this explains why my
>> tower
>> won't "sleep" anymore. BUt in the event viewer it states "IRQARB: ACPI
>> BIOS
>> does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 14, function 0. Please
>> contact your system vendor for technical assistance." But it says it for
>> PCI
>> slot 11, 12, 13, 14. What should I do. I have ALL devices updated with
>> updated or new drivers. Not one eliminated this since I installed Vista
>> (last
>> weekend). I REALLY don't want to "reinstall" vista. It was done as a
>> clean
>> version because I had XP PRO before this. What can I do?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Edward

If I have already replied with this I apologize for being redundant.

Here's a quote I found from the MS Knowledge base on the issue:
"CAUSE
This error message may occur on a computer that uses a Peripheral Component
Interconnect (PCI) bridge that supports message-signaled interrupts but does
not support line-based interrupts

RESOLUTION
This error message may safely be ignored.

Note Do not ignore this error message if the following conditions are
true: . A yellow explanation mark (!) appears next to the device in Device
Manager.
. You receive the following error message in the Properties dialog box
for the device in Device Manager:
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code
12)
In this scenario, a different issue may be causing the symptoms. Take
additional steps to troubleshoot this issue"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930062/en-us

Bob

=?Utf-8?B?ZWJhcjM=?=

Re: ACPI problem....
Yeah I found that somewhere too, but I didn't trust it, because I belive that
is whats causing my blue screen crashes. Unless my video card is crap. I
dread having to buy a new one. They're expensive. Hopefully I'll get more
information from the blue screens and maybe you guys can decode them. Thanks
so far.

Edward

Robert Moir

Re: ACPI problem....

> Yeah I found that somewhere too, but I didn't trust it, because I belive
> that
> is whats causing my blue screen crashes. Unless my video card is crap.

There have been a lot of problems with nvidia video card drivers. I suspect
that bad drivers is why you are having problems with your video cards.

The ATI drivers are doing much better than the nvidia ones at the moment but
even these are not perfect; my computer has given me the first blue screen i
have seen in quite a while, due to - you guessed it! - bad video card
drivers (and I use ATI cards).

This is pretty similar to how things were when XP was launched, though I
don't remember it being quite this bad. It will take a while for things to
settle down with regard to good drivers being available for most devices,
and that is all there is to it.