Problems downloading film from Sony Video Camera on Vista Premium

=?Utf-8?B?SmFub21hYzEwMQ==?=

Problems downloading film from Sony Video Camera on Vista Premium
Hi All,
Hope someone out there can help me please.
I own a Sony Video Camera.
Type DCR-TRV265E Easy HandyCam Digital 8.
It has USB Streaming and digital in and out.
It also has ilink facilities.

On purchasing a Dell Dimension Computer last week I have found that I have a
problem connecting it to download my films.
This computer now runs Vista Premium.
The ‘Picture Package’ Ver 1 software seems to load and I can see my film
when I am running the ‘adjust and confirm USB stream’; but when it comes to
downloading the film the whole thing shuts down. It says something about
destination file lost.
I have found that when I try to run it through the Microsoft moviemaker it
can not detect the camera, (a problem I never had with my previous computer
running Microsoft XP). I should say that I’m using a USB cable.
The weird thing is that the hardware devices folder in the control panel
does detect the camera and says it is working properly.
I have spoke to Dell support but too little avail. They say I should try the
iLink cable, but I never needed it before with my previous and much older
computer.
Can you help?
Is there a download or patch for this problem?
Is there another way round it?
I should add that although my camera can use a firewire or iLink cable this
new computer doesn’t have a port, although maybe I could get on fitted at a
later date.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Ian Caira.

=?Utf-8?B?bWVkaWNtYW5kYW4=?=

RE: Problems downloading film from Sony Video Camera on Vista Premium
I am having the same issue. My new Dell also does not have a Firewire port.
There does not appear to be a Vista driver for any of the Sony Handycams.

"Janomac101" wrote:

> Hi All,
> Hope someone out there can help me please.
> I own a Sony Video Camera.
> Type DCR-TRV265E Easy HandyCam Digital 8.
> It has USB Streaming and digital in and out.
> It also has ilink facilities.
>
> On purchasing a Dell Dimension Computer last week I have found that I have a
> problem connecting it to download my films.
> This computer now runs Vista Premium.
> The ‘Picture Package’ Ver 1 software seems to load and I can see my film
> when I am running the ‘adjust and confirm USB stream’; but when it comes to
> downloading the film the whole thing shuts down. It says something about
> destination file lost.
> I have found that when I try to run it through the Microsoft moviemaker it
> can not detect the camera, (a problem I never had with my previous computer
> running Microsoft XP). I should say that I’m using a USB cable.
> The weird thing is that the hardware devices folder in the control panel
> does detect the camera and says it is working properly.
> I have spoke to Dell support but too little avail. They say I should try the
> iLink cable, but I never needed it before with my previous and much older
> computer.
> Can you help?
> Is there a download or patch for this problem?
> Is there another way round it?
> I should add that although my camera can use a firewire or iLink cable this
> new computer doesn’t have a port, although maybe I could get on fitted at a
> later date.
> Look forward to hearing from you.
> Kind regards,
> Ian Caira.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Problems downloading film from Sony Video Camera on Vista Premium
Add a firewire port by using a PCI firewire card. The cheapest I can find
is a mere $7.99 at NewEgg:

Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows