Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Problems burning DVDs

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RHIgRnJlb24=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Problems burning DVDs
I have serious problems burning DVDs. If I'm using the Windows DVD burner the
program stops working as soon as the actual burning is to take place. If I
try to do the same using NERO (7.7.5.1) the computer shuts down just like
that. It's a newly built system with a Plextor PX-760A (ATA) DVD-burner. Is
it Vista (Home Premium, Swedish) or could it be that my power supply is to
weak? (PSU 430W, Athlon X2 4600+, GF7600GT, 2GB Ram, 4*320GB in RAID 5, 1 USB
HD, 1 USB Microphone, 1 USB webcam, and 1 GB readyboost USB) Still, there is
no difference weather I disconnect the USBs or not.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Problems burning DVDs
Nero greatly affects Windows burning. Try uninstaling Nero. (any problem to
do with multimedia or optical drives is probably caused by Nero).
"Dr Freon" <Dr Freon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4C55F52B-5DF6-47C9-A590-7ED1AECCC2A9@microsoft.com...
>I have serious problems burning DVDs. If I'm using the Windows DVD burner
>the
> program stops working as soon as the actual burning is to take place. If I
> try to do the same using NERO (7.7.5.1) the computer shuts down just like
> that. It's a newly built system with a Plextor PX-760A (ATA) DVD-burner.
> Is
> it Vista (Home Premium, Swedish) or could it be that my power supply is to
> weak? (PSU 430W, Athlon X2 4600+, GF7600GT, 2GB Ram, 4*320GB in RAID 5, 1
> USB
> HD, 1 USB Microphone, 1 USB webcam, and 1 GB readyboost USB) Still, there
> is
> no difference weather I disconnect the USBs or not.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007
C.Skaggs
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Problems burning DVDs
thats an awful wimpy power supply to be running a x2 on and 4 hard disks
plus 2 gigs of ram.
my guess is that when windows kicks on the laser to burn you get a power
drop out.
Change out that power supply for a 600 watt with at least 2 12 volt rails
and I'll bet you it's fixed.

"Dr Freon" <Dr Freon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4C55F52B-5DF6-47C9-A590-7ED1AECCC2A9@microsoft.com...
>I have serious problems burning DVDs. If I'm using the Windows DVD burner
>the
> program stops working as soon as the actual burning is to take place. If I
> try to do the same using NERO (7.7.5.1) the computer shuts down just like
> that. It's a newly built system with a Plextor PX-760A (ATA) DVD-burner.
> Is
> it Vista (Home Premium, Swedish) or could it be that my power supply is to
> weak? (PSU 430W, Athlon X2 4600+, GF7600GT, 2GB Ram, 4*320GB in RAID 5, 1
> USB
> HD, 1 USB Microphone, 1 USB webcam, and 1 GB readyboost USB) Still, there
> is
> no difference weather I disconnect the USBs or not.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007
=?Utf-8?B?VXBvbnRoaXM=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Problems burning DVDs
Make sure your dvd burner is up-to-date on it's firmware as well.

"Dr Freon" wrote:

> I have serious problems burning DVDs. If I'm using the Windows DVD burner the
> program stops working as soon as the actual burning is to take place. If I
> try to do the same using NERO (7.7.5.1) the computer shuts down just like
> that. It's a newly built system with a Plextor PX-760A (ATA) DVD-burner. Is
> it Vista (Home Premium, Swedish) or could it be that my power supply is to
> weak? (PSU 430W, Athlon X2 4600+, GF7600GT, 2GB Ram, 4*320GB in RAID 5, 1 USB
> HD, 1 USB Microphone, 1 USB webcam, and 1 GB readyboost USB) Still, there is
> no difference weather I disconnect the USBs or not.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RHIgRnJlb24=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Problems burning DVDs
Oh yes it is, latest firmware (1.06). I honestly think it's the power supply.
I need more power!

"Uponthis" wrote:

> Make sure your dvd burner is up-to-date on it's firmware as well.
>
> "Dr Freon" wrote:
>
> > I have serious problems burning DVDs. If I'm using the Windows DVD burner the
> > program stops working as soon as the actual burning is to take place. If I
> > try to do the same using NERO (7.7.5.1) the computer shuts down just like
> > that. It's a newly built system with a Plextor PX-760A (ATA) DVD-burner. Is
> > it Vista (Home Premium, Swedish) or could it be that my power supply is to
> > weak? (PSU 430W, Athlon X2 4600+, GF7600GT, 2GB Ram, 4*320GB in RAID 5, 1 USB
> > HD, 1 USB Microphone, 1 USB webcam, and 1 GB readyboost USB) Still, there is
> > no difference weather I disconnect the USBs or not.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RHIgRnJlb24=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Problems burning DVDs
I think you're right. I don't know what I was thinking. I'll actually try to
log the power outtake by the system from the socket first though.
Thank you though!

"C.Skaggs" wrote:

> thats an awful wimpy power supply to be running a x2 on and 4 hard disks
> plus 2 gigs of ram.
> my guess is that when windows kicks on the laser to burn you get a power
> drop out.
> Change out that power supply for a 600 watt with at least 2 12 volt rails
> and I'll bet you it's fixed.
>
> "Dr Freon" <Dr Freon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:4C55F52B-5DF6-47C9-A590-7ED1AECCC2A9@microsoft.com...
> >I have serious problems burning DVDs. If I'm using the Windows DVD burner
> >the
> > program stops working as soon as the actual burning is to take place. If I
> > try to do the same using NERO (7.7.5.1) the computer shuts down just like
> > that. It's a newly built system with a Plextor PX-760A (ATA) DVD-burner.
> > Is
> > it Vista (Home Premium, Swedish) or could it be that my power supply is to
> > weak? (PSU 430W, Athlon X2 4600+, GF7600GT, 2GB Ram, 4*320GB in RAID 5, 1
> > USB
> > HD, 1 USB Microphone, 1 USB webcam, and 1 GB readyboost USB) Still, there
> > is
> > no difference weather I disconnect the USBs or not.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007
=?Utf-8?B?R3VzIEtsaW5l?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Problems burning DVDs
Ashampoo DVD burner software works well with Vista. I have it with Vista
Business

"Dr Freon" wrote:

> Oh yes it is, latest firmware (1.06). I honestly think it's the power supply.
> I need more power!
>
> "Uponthis" wrote:
>
> > Make sure your dvd burner is up-to-date on it's firmware as well.
> >
> > "Dr Freon" wrote:
> >
> > > I have serious problems burning DVDs. If I'm using the Windows DVD burner the
> > > program stops working as soon as the actual burning is to take place. If I
> > > try to do the same using NERO (7.7.5.1) the computer shuts down just like
> > > that. It's a newly built system with a Plextor PX-760A (ATA) DVD-burner. Is
> > > it Vista (Home Premium, Swedish) or could it be that my power supply is to
> > > weak? (PSU 430W, Athlon X2 4600+, GF7600GT, 2GB Ram, 4*320GB in RAID 5, 1 USB
> > > HD, 1 USB Microphone, 1 USB webcam, and 1 GB readyboost USB) Still, there is
> > > no difference weather I disconnect the USBs or not.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
burning dvds with vista =?Utf-8?B?dHJlMjAwMg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 08-27-2007 21:38
Are volume licensing upgrade DVDs bootable?--they do not ship full DVDs. Chad Harris microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 03-01-2007 04:33
Burning widescreen DVDs =?Utf-8?B?QnJlbmRhbg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-24-2007 18:51
Burning DVDs with Windows DVD Maker =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iUm95QWNl?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 02-07-2007 23:08
Can't read DVDs =?Utf-8?B?V2Fpc3Rjb2F0?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 02-04-2007 11:12




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:06.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120