How do I uninstall CHIC - Other Hardware - USB Browser Mouse updat

=?Utf-8?B?X0lhbl8=?=

How do I uninstall CHIC - Other Hardware - USB Browser Mouse updat
After I downloaded and installed this update my labtec usb mouse has stopped
working. I also tried my generic wireless mouse and my hp wireless mouse and
I would always come up with the same error.

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while
attempting to install it.
USB Browser Mouse
An error occurred during the installation of the device.
The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact your
hardware vendor.
If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and
check the support section for driver software.

Is there anyway of removing the CHIC driver that windows update installed?
dean-dean

Re: How do I uninstall CHIC - Other Hardware - USB Browser Mouse updat
Go to Device Manager in Control Panel, open the properties of the device,
and, on the driver tab either choose "Roll Back Driver" (to your previous
driver) or "Uninstall".

"_Ian_" <_Ian_@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I downloaded and installed this update my labtec usb mouse has
> stopped
> working. I also tried my generic wireless mouse and my hp wireless mouse
> and
> I would always come up with the same error.
>
> Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error
> while
> attempting to install it.
> USB Browser Mouse
> An error occurred during the installation of the device.
> The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
> This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact
> your
> hardware vendor.
> If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and
> check the support section for driver software.
>
> Is there anyway of removing the CHIC driver that windows update installed?

=?Utf-8?B?X0lhbl8=?=

Re: How do I uninstall CHIC - Other Hardware - USB Browser Mouse u
There is no CHIC driver shown in my device manager. The mouse i plug is just
shown as an unknown device and when i try updating or installing it i get the
error i stated before.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Go to Device Manager in Control Panel, open the properties of the device,
> and, on the driver tab either choose "Roll Back Driver" (to your previous
> driver) or "Uninstall".
>
> "_Ian_" <_Ian_@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After I downloaded and installed this update my labtec usb mouse has
> > stopped
> > working. I also tried my generic wireless mouse and my hp wireless mouse
> > and
> > I would always come up with the same error.
> >
> > Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error
> > while
> > attempting to install it.
> > USB Browser Mouse
> > An error occurred during the installation of the device.
> > The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
> > This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact
> > your
> > hardware vendor.
> > If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and
> > check the support section for driver software.
> >
> > Is there anyway of removing the CHIC driver that windows update installed?

dean-dean

Re: How do I uninstall CHIC - Other Hardware - USB Browser Mouse u
Try right clicking Unknown Device, and choosing Update Driver Software....
Then choose "Browse my computer for driver software". Then choose "Let me
pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". "HID-compliant mouse"
might be a safe choice, or uncheck "Show compatible hardware", and see if
your mouse is in the list. (Just don't choose "USB Browser Mouse", which is
the CHIC driver).