problem with Vista and ATI Radeon X1650 PRO AGP

=?Utf-8?B?bGlubWlsbA==?=

problem with Vista and ATI Radeon X1650 PRO AGP
I'm having an issue with vista and my x1650 pro.I have an upgrade version of
home premium . i am going thru ati at the same time but the asked me this
last time if it was an upgraded version. What would that matter? here is the
error; atikmdag.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_ area. I cant do the work around.
this is what i get, your current display driver does not allow change to be
made to hardware acc.settings. I can go to safe mode but it wont save it. I
am running 2 hard drives 1 with xp 1 with vista. it doesnt matter what i do
, I can unhook the 1 with xp and still the same thing. it does work great in
xp. I put my 9550 in and all is well. but I just bought the X1650 pro AGP and
want it to work with vista. Please help. Thank you, Linda Miller
koze

Re: problem with Vista and ATI Radeon X1650 PRO AGP
Before changing the card, be sure to reset the Video card drivers back to
standard VGA.
Shut down the machine and replace the card with the new one and boot it
would find new hardware and then let it install the drivers.

Not going back to standard VGA can block the new drivers.

Ko.
"linmill" <linmill@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> I'm having an issue with vista and my x1650 pro.I have an upgrade version
> of
> home premium . i am going thru ati at the same time but the asked me this
> last time if it was an upgraded version. What would that matter? here is
> the
> error; atikmdag.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_ area. I cant do the work
> around.
> this is what i get, your current display driver does not allow change to
> be
> made to hardware acc.settings. I can go to safe mode but it wont save it.
> am running 2 hard drives 1 with xp 1 with vista. it doesnt matter what i
> do
> , I can unhook the 1 with xp and still the same thing. it does work great
> in
> xp. I put my 9550 in and all is well. but I just bought the X1650 pro AGP
> and
> want it to work with vista. Please help. Thank you, Linda Miller

=?Utf-8?B?bGlubWlsbA==?=

Re: problem with Vista and ATI Radeon X1650 PRO AGP
isn't that the same as uninstalling the old drivers? that is what ati tells
you to do and i did that.

"koze" wrote:

> Before changing the card, be sure to reset the Video card drivers back to
> standard VGA.
> Shut down the machine and replace the card with the new one and boot it
> would find new hardware and then let it install the drivers.
>
> Not going back to standard VGA can block the new drivers.
>
> Ko.
> "linmill" <linmill@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > I'm having an issue with vista and my x1650 pro.I have an upgrade version
> > of
> > home premium . i am going thru ati at the same time but the asked me this
> > last time if it was an upgraded version. What would that matter? here is
> > the
> > error; atikmdag.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_ area. I cant do the work
> > around.
> > this is what i get, your current display driver does not allow change to
> > be
> > made to hardware acc.settings. I can go to safe mode but it wont save it.
> > am running 2 hard drives 1 with xp 1 with vista. it doesnt matter what i
> > do
> > , I can unhook the 1 with xp and still the same thing. it does work great
> > in
> > xp. I put my 9550 in and all is well. but I just bought the X1650 pro AGP
> > and
> > want it to work with vista. Please help. Thank you, Linda Miller

koze

Re: problem with Vista and ATI Radeon X1650 PRO AGP
Not quit the same, in essence yes, but with resetting the video card to VGA
it also take's care of the registry.

> isn't that the same as uninstalling the old drivers? that is what ati
> tells
> you to do and i did that.
>
> "koze" wrote:
>
>> Before changing the card, be sure to reset the Video card drivers back to
>> standard VGA.
>> Shut down the machine and replace the card with the new one and boot it
>> would find new hardware and then let it install the drivers.
>>
>> Not going back to standard VGA can block the new drivers.
>>
>> Ko.
>> "linmill" <linmill@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>> > I'm having an issue with vista and my x1650 pro.I have an upgrade
>> > version
>> > of
>> > home premium . i am going thru ati at the same time but the asked me
>> > this
>> > last time if it was an upgraded version. What would that matter? here
>> > is
>> > the
>> > error; atikmdag.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_ area. I cant do the work
>> > around.
>> > this is what i get, your current display driver does not allow change
>> > be
>> > made to hardware acc.settings. I can go to safe mode but it wont save
>> > it.
>> > am running 2 hard drives 1 with xp 1 with vista. it doesnt matter what
>> > do
>> > , I can unhook the 1 with xp and still the same thing. it does work
>> > great
>> > in
>> > xp. I put my 9550 in and all is well. but I just bought the X1650 pro
>> > AGP
>> > and
>> > want it to work with vista. Please help. Thank you, Linda Miller

=?Utf-8?B?bGlubWlsbA==?=

Re: problem with Vista and ATI Radeon X1650 PRO AGP
Ok, so how do I do that? Is that the rolling back of drivers? thanks ahead of
time.

"koze" wrote:

> Not quit the same, in essence yes, but with resetting the video card to VGA
> it also take's care of the registry.
>
> Ko.
>
> "linmill" <linmill@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > isn't that the same as uninstalling the old drivers? that is what ati
> > tells
> > you to do and i did that.
> >
> > "koze" wrote:
> >
> >> Before changing the card, be sure to reset the Video card drivers back to
> >> standard VGA.
> >> Shut down the machine and replace the card with the new one and boot it
> >> would find new hardware and then let it install the drivers.
> >>
> >> Not going back to standard VGA can block the new drivers.
> >>
> >> Ko.
> >> "linmill" <linmill@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

koze

Re: problem with Vista and ATI Radeon X1650 PRO AGP
In device manager select display adapters, properties from the video card,
select update drivers, don't let it search but choose browse my computer,on
the next screen select the lower option "Let me pick from list....", if not
shown (can be set to only show compatible) unselect show compatible, and
then select standard VGA (top of list, standard display types), select OK
and shut down the machine.