USB and my Blackberry

davidlory

USB and my Blackberry
When I connect my Blackberry, using a USB cable, to charge it up, I get an
error message on the Blackberry that says "USB charging current is not
sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging
source and that the proper USB driver is installed."

When I check the device manager, it shows that "the device is working
properly". SO, I just don't know what the problem is?? Help?!
Uwe Sieber

Re: USB and my Blackberry
davidlory wrote:
> When I connect my Blackberry, using a USB cable, to charge it up, I get an
> error message on the Blackberry that says "USB charging current is not
> sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging
> source and that the proper USB driver is installed."
>
> When I check the device manager, it shows that "the device is working
> properly". SO, I just don't know what the problem is?? Help?!

When attached, an USB device is allowed to draw 100 mA
only. Then it can request for more but this can be
rejected and the message "USB charging current is not
sufficient" is quite perfect in this situation. The
device works fine but is not charged.
The USB ports of the computer and of powered USB hubs
should be able to deliver up to 500 mA while passive
hubs are limited to (500-100)mA / (number of ports),
so a 4 port hub delivers 100 mA per port only and will
reject all request for more.

Uwe
Colin Barnhorst

Re: USB and my Blackberry
If you are using a hub try a port on the computer itself.

"davidlory" <davidlory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I connect my Blackberry, using a USB cable, to charge it up, I get an
> error message on the Blackberry that says "USB charging current is not
> sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB
> charging
> source and that the proper USB driver is installed."
>
> When I check the device manager, it shows that "the device is working
> properly". SO, I just don't know what the problem is?? Help?!

Kerry Brown

Re: USB and my Blackberry
"davidlory" <davidlory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I connect my Blackberry, using a USB cable, to charge it up, I get an
> error message on the Blackberry that says "USB charging current is not
> sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB
> charging
> source and that the proper USB driver is installed."
>
> When I check the device manager, it shows that "the device is working
> properly". SO, I just don't know what the problem is?? Help?!

Install the Blackberry software and this will go away. The latest versions
are Vista compatible.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User