lifecam with vista home premium

=?Utf-8?B?UmF5?=

lifecam with vista home premium
i can't seem to get my lifecam working, downloaded the vista upgrade software
but everytime i click to start ithe program it just wont work and a silly
error message tells me microsoft will get back to me with a fix!
Kirk

Re: lifecam with vista home premium
Are you sure you got the right software update? If you are, uninstall
everything and do a re-install. I'm assuming you're running some version of
Vista.

Kirk

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i can't seem to get my lifecam working, downloaded the vista upgrade
>software
> but everytime i click to start ithe program it just wont work and a silly
> error message tells me microsoft will get back to me with a fix!

=?Utf-8?B?UmF5?=

Re: lifecam with vista home premium
Hiya Kirk, I am running Vista home premium and i got the update from
microsoft, 1.3 lifecam.

However I have now been told to do a clean install of vista, after
formatting the hard drive and see if everything works fine after that, as I
am having a few problems with some other things.

However I did uninstall and reinstall twice and still lifecam didnt work.

Thanks Ray

"Kirk" wrote:

> Are you sure you got the right software update? If you are, uninstall
> everything and do a re-install. I'm assuming you're running some version of
> Vista.
>
> Kirk
>
> "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i can't seem to get my lifecam working, downloaded the vista upgrade
> >software
> > but everytime i click to start ithe program it just wont work and a silly
> > error message tells me microsoft will get back to me with a fix!

Kirk

Re: lifecam with vista home premium
Well, clean installing is somewhat drastic, but I can't really comment on
that since I did a clean install of my Vista up front. I stopped OS
upgrading when I went from Windows 95/ME to XP. I hope that doing a clean
install has resolved whatever issues your camera was having.