When in doubt with hardware, try the XP driver......

Puppy Breath

Re: When in doubt with hardware, try the XP driver......
I used XP drivers often throughout the beta period, and many of them worked
perfectly.

"Someone" <Someone@someplace.spam.free.com> wrote in message
> Under Vista, it detected it as a PCI modem but, could not find drivers.
>
> As for the drivers for this modem, it worked under XP with out any issues
> (CID didn't work and still does not work for this modem) but, over all,
> all features, voice and fax work.
>
> As for your modem, I would say a driver or a hardware problem. To get
> voice functions under 2000/XP or vista, you will need to have a "Unimodem
> Audio device" under your device manager (under "sound, video and game
> controllers"). If that did not come up, the modem does not support it, or
> the driver you installed does not support it.
>
> Did that help ?
>

> "DanR" <dhr22@sorrynospam.com> wrote in message
>>>

>> Question about your voice modem. Before you installed the XP drivers what
>> were the symptoms when used as answering machine in Vista? Did it work at
>> all for answering machine functions?
>> I ask because in my case... with a different brand modem... I can receive
>> incoming messages but callers do not hear my outgoing greeting. Complete
>> silence.

Someone

When in doubt with hardware, try the XP driver......
Hey,

I have installed Vista prem. final after running the beta from day one
(clean install). I have also run into some hardware issues with drivers as a
lot of other people have. Here's 2 products that quote no Vista support and
got working.

HP 5470c scanjet, (NO VISTA SUPPORT PER HP) installed the XP Precisionscan
Pro 3.1 software/drivers, a few errors on install but, after a reboot, it
works perfect and I use it alot, no problems. USB XP drivers worked with out
a problem.

Creative labs DI5655 voice modem, used for an aswering machine, again,
quoted it would never have vista support (4+ years old), installed the XP
driver, works with out any problems. It does everything it did under Windows
XP.

a few other items I got working also but, this is the main things I wanted
to show people, insted of dumping hardware, it might be worth a shot, till
correct vista drivers come out for it (if it will be supported). If it does
not work, I would make sure you uninstall the driver.

DanR

> Hey,
>
> I have installed Vista prem. final after running the beta from day one
> (clean install). I have also run into some hardware issues with drivers as
> a lot of other people have. Here's 2 products that quote no Vista support
> and got working.
>
> HP 5470c scanjet, (NO VISTA SUPPORT PER HP) installed the XP Precisionscan
> Pro 3.1 software/drivers, a few errors on install but, after a reboot, it
> works perfect and I use it alot, no problems. USB XP drivers worked with
> out a problem.
>
> Creative labs DI5655 voice modem, used for an aswering machine, again,
> quoted it would never have vista support (4+ years old), installed the XP
> driver, works with out any problems. It does everything it did under
> Windows XP.
>
> a few other items I got working also but, this is the main things I wanted
> to show people, insted of dumping hardware, it might be worth a shot, till
> correct vista drivers come out for it (if it will be supported). If it
> does not work, I would make sure you uninstall the driver.

Question about your voice modem. Before you installed the XP drivers what
were the symptoms when used as answering machine in Vista? Did it work at
all for answering machine functions?
I ask because in my case... with a different brand modem... I can receive
incoming messages but callers do not hear my outgoing greeting. Complete
silence.

Someone

Re: When in doubt with hardware, try the XP driver......
Under Vista, it detected it as a PCI modem but, could not find drivers.

As for the drivers for this modem, it worked under XP with out any issues
(CID didn't work and still does not work for this modem) but, over all, all
features, voice and fax work.

As for your modem, I would say a driver or a hardware problem. To get voice
functions under 2000/XP or vista, you will need to have a "Unimodem Audio
device" under your device manager (under "sound, video and game
controllers"). If that did not come up, the modem does not support it, or
the driver you installed does not support it.

Did that help ?

"DanR" <dhr22@sorrynospam.com> wrote in message

> Question about your voice modem. Before you installed the XP drivers what
> were the symptoms when used as answering machine in Vista? Did it work at
> all for answering machine functions?
> I ask because in my case... with a different brand modem... I can receive
> incoming messages but callers do not hear my outgoing greeting. Complete
> silence.

Cal Bear '66

Re: When in doubt with hardware, try the XP driver......
I have the same scanner (HP 5470c), with UAC turned off, NO errors on
install
of Precisionscan software, and ALL features of the software are working
perfectly
(Vista Ultimate x86).

"Someone" <Someone@someplace.spam.free.com> wrote in message
> HP 5470c scanjet, (NO VISTA SUPPORT PER HP) installed the XP Precisionscan
> Pro 3.1 software/drivers, a few errors on install but, after a reboot, it
> works perfect and I use it alot, no problems. USB XP drivers worked with
> out a problem.

Someone

Re: When in doubt with hardware, try the XP driver......
Cool, I saw too many people here saying that their scanner/modem/printer has
no vista driver and they were saying time to replace. So I wanted to post
telling people to try the XP drivers before dumping it.

"Cal Bear '66" <dcrx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have the same scanner (HP 5470c), with UAC turned off, NO errors on
>install
> of Precisionscan software, and ALL features of the software are working
> perfectly
> (Vista Ultimate x86).
>

> "Someone" <Someone@someplace.spam.free.com> wrote in message
>> HP 5470c scanjet, (NO VISTA SUPPORT PER HP) installed the XP
>> Precisionscan Pro 3.1 software/drivers, a few errors on install but,
>> after a reboot, it works perfect and I use it alot, no problems. USB XP
>> drivers worked with out a problem.

Boband Jan

Re: When in doubt with hardware, try the XP driver......
Apparently I'm doing something wrong. I just got a new Compaq w/Vista and am
trying to connect my HP ScanJet 5470c. No success. I'm getting in IE Script
Error. HELP!

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> I have the same scanner (HP 5470c), with UAC turned off, NO errors on
> install
> of Precisionscan software, and ALL features of the software are working
> perfectly
> (Vista Ultimate x86).
>

> "Someone" <Someone@someplace.spam.free.com> wrote in message
> > HP 5470c scanjet, (NO VISTA SUPPORT PER HP) installed the XP Precisionscan
> > Pro 3.1 software/drivers, a few errors on install but, after a reboot, it
> > works perfect and I use it alot, no problems. USB XP drivers worked with
> > out a problem.

Cal Bear '66

Re: When in doubt with hardware, try the XP driver......
You could try registering vbscript and jscript (not certain which is required --
I think vbscript).

First uninstall any software that you have installed and disconnect the scanner
and reboot.

Type cmd in the Start Search box above the Start Orb. When cmd.exe appears at
the top of the Start Menu, right click on it and select "Run as Administrator"
(an "elevated" command prompt).

Then type into the Command window:

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

After you get a message that the registration was successful type:

regsvr32 jscript.dll

And wait for the message that the registration was successful.

Then try the scanner install again.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

news9CDA561-CF9E-4C1A-99A7-7A670D9A94CC@microsoft.com...