Building PC for Church

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9uTWFsbGFyZA==?=

Building PC for Church
Hey guys i just built my own PC at home and im running Vista Home Premium on
my PC.
our church just got a Benq projector for running music slideshows and such.
I was asked if I would build a computer for the church. so i did and im kind
of confused about which version of windows i should run. I am just wondering
what version of vista has support for a Digital Projector?

Thanks
Jonathan Mallard
Dave B.

Re: Building PC for Church
How does the projector connect to the PC? Most I've seen connect to the vga
or dvi port, the OS needs no direct support for it. As for the OS, if the
projector is going to be it's sole task I would go with XP.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
"JonMallard" <JonMallard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys i just built my own PC at home and im running Vista Home Premium
> on
> my PC.
> our church just got a Benq projector for running music slideshows and
> such.
> I was asked if I would build a computer for the church. so i did and im
> kind
> of confused about which version of windows i should run. I am just
> wondering
> what version of vista has support for a Digital Projector?
>
> Thanks
> Jonathan Mallard

Art

Re: Building PC for Church
Heh, they got ya. 5 years ago I built a PC for my "poor" church. Now I
administer a 7 computer network there. The price? You guessed it. Oh
well, maybe I'll get some rewards for my toil later, as in much later. LOL!

My first reaction is Home Premium, but given my past experience ("we just
new a computer for the secretary, nothing fancy") it will evolve into more
and more. Eventually your church will want to hook it to other computers.
Then it will be a server, etc... Only you know your church. If it was me
and I could afford it, I'd go for Ultimate planning for the future. If the
church can't foot the bill check with your tax guy to see if you can write
off the build as a donation.

HTH,

Art

"JonMallard" <JonMallard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys i just built my own PC at home and im running Vista Home Premium
> on
> my PC.
> our church just got a Benq projector for running music slideshows and
> such.
> I was asked if I would build a computer for the church. so i did and im
> kind
> of confused about which version of windows i should run. I am just
> wondering
> what version of vista has support for a Digital Projector?
>
> Thanks
> Jonathan Mallard

Herb Stein

Re: Building PC for Church

"Art" <dont@email.me> wrote in message
> Heh, they got ya. 5 years ago I built a PC for my "poor" church. Now I
> administer a 7 computer network there. The price? You guessed it. Oh
> well, maybe I'll get some rewards for my toil later, as in much later.
> LOL!

Sure. God will provide. As we all learn is this business, get the money up
front from a church.

> My first reaction is Home Premium, but given my past experience ("we just
> new a computer for the secretary, nothing fancy") it will evolve into more
> and more. Eventually your church will want to hook it to other computers.
> Then it will be a server, etc... Only you know your church. If it was me
> and I could afford it, I'd go for Ultimate planning for the future. If
> the church can't foot the bill check with your tax guy to see if you can
> write off the build as a donation.
>
> HTH,
>
> Art

Vista Ultimate is fine if you're a Vista guru. Support will be a constant
issue.

> "JonMallard" <JonMallard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hey guys i just built my own PC at home and im running Vista Home Premium
>> on
>> my PC.
>> our church just got a Benq projector for running music slideshows and
>> such.
>> I was asked if I would build a computer for the church. so i did and im
>> kind
>> of confused about which version of windows i should run. I am just
>> wondering
>> what version of vista has support for a Digital Projector?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jonathan Mallard

Art

Re: Building PC for Church

"Herb Stein" <herb@herbstein.com> wrote in message

> "Art" <dont@email.me> wrote in message
>> Heh, they got ya. 5 years ago I built a PC for my "poor" church. Now I
>> administer a 7 computer network there. The price? You guessed it. Oh
>> well, maybe I'll get some rewards for my toil later, as in much later.
>> LOL!

> Sure. God will provide. As we all learn is this business, get the money up
> front from a church.

If you're in it for the money, I guess that's the way to look at it. My
church looks for volunteers to donate stuff. They seem to do ok. If you
are looking for a reward of some kind, then you shouldn't do things for your
church. But, then I guess you probably know that already.

>> My first reaction is Home Premium, but given my past experience ("we just
>> new a computer for the secretary, nothing fancy") it will evolve into
>> more and more. Eventually your church will want to hook it to other
>> computers. Then it will be a server, etc... Only you know your church.
>> If it was me and I could afford it, I'd go for Ultimate planning for the
>> future. If the church can't foot the bill check with your tax guy to see
>> if you can write off the build as a donation.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Art

> Vista Ultimate is fine if you're a Vista guru. Support will be a constant
> issue.

How so? You start out with the simple features and work from there. No
one's saying he hast to turn on BitLocker, domains, and full image backups
immediately.

>> "JonMallard" <JonMallard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hey guys i just built my own PC at home and im running Vista Home
>>> Premium on
>>> my PC.
>>> our church just got a Benq projector for running music slideshows and
>>> such.
>>> I was asked if I would build a computer for the church. so i did and im
>>> kind
>>> of confused about which version of windows i should run. I am just
>>> wondering
>>> what version of vista has support for a Digital Projector?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Jonathan Mallard

Mark Bottemiller

Re: Building PC for Church
I've coordinated installs at my church and also operate the systems on a
regular basis.
My first question is what software(s) are you planning to use? If it's all
Powerpoint, not much worry using Vista assuming you are getting upgraded MS
Office installed. You need a grahics card with support for two monitors.
There's a lot of other software choices out there and if you're using those,
make sure there is a Vista compatiable version.

If the church is new to projection, look into Mediashout or Easyworship.
We're currently in transition from Mac to PC, but will be using XP as the
system was purchased before Vista came out. We will be using Mediashout. It
has a lot of advantages over plain powerpoint.
Mark