What is Microsoft Doing to Encourage....

Keith Nicholson

What is Microsoft Doing to Encourage....
What is Microsoft doing to encourage PC/Laptop Vendors to support my boxes
for upgrading to Vista?

For example, I have a Fujitsu T4010 Tablet PC with enough memory (2GB) and
enough HD to comfortably run Vista. I just need a couple of small device
driver updates from them, but no. The model I have, which is only 20 months
old and which I paid a premium in expectationt that it would support Vista.

However, Fujitsu is only supporting the 4210 and 4215 model.

I'm sure I am not the only one suffering as such.

Best Wishes,
Keith Nicholson, MVP C#

BigJim

Re: What is Microsoft Doing to Encourage....
If you really want to suffer, install vista.
"Keith Nicholson" <knicholson@ksdynamics.com> wrote in message
> What is Microsoft doing to encourage PC/Laptop Vendors to support my boxes
> for upgrading to Vista?
>
> For example, I have a Fujitsu T4010 Tablet PC with enough memory (2GB) and
> enough HD to comfortably run Vista. I just need a couple of small device
> driver updates from them, but no. The model I have, which is only 20
> months old and which I paid a premium in expectationt that it would
> support Vista.
>
> However, Fujitsu is only supporting the 4210 and 4215 model.
>
> I'm sure I am not the only one suffering as such.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Keith Nicholson, MVP C#

Dave B.

Re: What is Microsoft Doing to Encourage....
Just because they aren't supporting it, doesn't mean Vista won't work on it.
Rather than going through Fujitsu for drivers, go to the hardware mfg's
directly.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
"Keith Nicholson" <knicholson@ksdynamics.com> wrote in message
> What is Microsoft doing to encourage PC/Laptop Vendors to support my boxes
> for upgrading to Vista?
>
> For example, I have a Fujitsu T4010 Tablet PC with enough memory (2GB) and
> enough HD to comfortably run Vista. I just need a couple of small device
> driver updates from them, but no. The model I have, which is only 20
> months old and which I paid a premium in expectationt that it would
> support Vista.
>
> However, Fujitsu is only supporting the 4210 and 4215 model.
>
> I'm sure I am not the only one suffering as such.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Keith Nicholson, MVP C#

Dustin Harper

Re: What is Microsoft Doing to Encourage....
Depends on the hardware. Sometimes the hardware is supported, just not
listed under that model. Your wireless should be supported under the
manufacturers drivers, rather than Fujitsu. What hardware do you need
drivers for? I had to use a Dell driver for a Gateway laptop. Works great,
just Toshiba never updated their support pages. Same hardware, different
laptop.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"Keith Nicholson" <knicholson@ksdynamics.com> wrote in message
> What is Microsoft doing to encourage PC/Laptop Vendors to support my boxes
> for upgrading to Vista?
>
> For example, I have a Fujitsu T4010 Tablet PC with enough memory (2GB) and
> enough HD to comfortably run Vista. I just need a couple of small device
> driver updates from them, but no. The model I have, which is only 20
> months old and which I paid a premium in expectationt that it would
> support Vista.
>
> However, Fujitsu is only supporting the 4210 and 4215 model.
>
> I'm sure I am not the only one suffering as such.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Keith Nicholson, MVP C#

Keith Nicholson

Re: What is Microsoft Doing to Encourage....
I installed it back in November with RTM. I have patiently waited for some
specific drivers from Fujitsu who is the manufacture for the special buttons
and display controls for automatic rotating of screen since this is a
TabletPC convertable. Intel, the video driver mfg, has not supplied Vista
drivers for the video chip on their site, and Fujitsu must have some funny
Toshiba Bluetooth stacks. I've tried a series of them from Toshiba and no
luck yet. Also there is a special set of microphones (array) built into the
screen. I have no idea how to turn them off. It sounds pretty funny when I
carry it outside in on a windy day and I get the schrill of feedback.

It has worked extremely well except for these small problems. That is why
it surprises me that Fujitsu does not just go ahead and find a way to
support the drivers. It would make my life easier.

Best Wishes,
Keith

"Dave B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
> Just because they aren't supporting it, doesn't mean Vista won't work on
> it. Rather than going through Fujitsu for drivers, go to the hardware
> mfg's directly.
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> "Keith Nicholson" <knicholson@ksdynamics.com> wrote in message
>> What is Microsoft doing to encourage PC/Laptop Vendors to support my
>> boxes for upgrading to Vista?
>>
>> For example, I have a Fujitsu T4010 Tablet PC with enough memory (2GB)
>> and enough HD to comfortably run Vista. I just need a couple of small
>> device driver updates from them, but no. The model I have, which is only
>> 20 months old and which I paid a premium in expectationt that it would
>> support Vista.
>>
>> However, Fujitsu is only supporting the 4210 and 4215 model.
>>
>> I'm sure I am not the only one suffering as such.
>>
>> Best Wishes,
>> Keith Nicholson, MVP C#

Keith Nicholson

Re: What is Microsoft Doing to Encourage....
I've got to say I'm impressed again by Fujitsu.

When I spoke to them yesterday, I did not expect the representative to truly
pass on my concerns. Today, I got a call. They are assisting me with the
four key areas. I'll let you know how it goes.

Keith

>I installed it back in November with RTM. I have patiently waited for some
>specific drivers from Fujitsu who is the manufacture for the special
>buttons and display controls for automatic rotating of screen since this is
>a TabletPC convertable. Intel, the video driver mfg, has not supplied
>Vista drivers for the video chip on their site, and Fujitsu must have some
>funny Toshiba Bluetooth stacks. I've tried a series of them from Toshiba
>and no luck yet. Also there is a special set of microphones (array) built
>into the screen. I have no idea how to turn them off. It sounds pretty
>funny when I carry it outside in on a windy day and I get the schrill of
>feedback.
>
> It has worked extremely well except for these small problems. That is why
> it surprises me that Fujitsu does not just go ahead and find a way to
> support the drivers. It would make my life easier.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Keith
>

> "Dave B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
>> Just because they aren't supporting it, doesn't mean Vista won't work on
>> it. Rather than going through Fujitsu for drivers, go to the hardware
>> mfg's directly.
>>
>> --
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> http://www.db-pc.com
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> "Keith Nicholson" <knicholson@ksdynamics.com> wrote in message
>>> What is Microsoft doing to encourage PC/Laptop Vendors to support my
>>> boxes for upgrading to Vista?
>>>
>>> For example, I have a Fujitsu T4010 Tablet PC with enough memory (2GB)
>>> and enough HD to comfortably run Vista. I just need a couple of small
>>> device driver updates from them, but no. The model I have, which is
>>> only 20 months old and which I paid a premium in expectationt that it
>>> would support Vista.
>>>
>>> However, Fujitsu is only supporting the 4210 and 4215 model.
>>>
>>> I'm sure I am not the only one suffering as such.
>>>
>>> Best Wishes,
>>> Keith Nicholson, MVP C#

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: What is Microsoft Doing to Encourage....
What are you doing to encourage the venders to support your hardware
you purchased from them?
Microsoft really can do no more than you can do and that is contact
the manufacturer and ask for support.
However since it is users like you who are purchasing the products
from the venders, it is possible that the voice of customers can be
louder than Microsoft can make and more effective.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Keith Nicholson" <knicholson@ksdynamics.com> wrote in message
> What is Microsoft doing to encourage PC/Laptop Vendors to support my
> boxes for upgrading to Vista?
>
> For example, I have a Fujitsu T4010 Tablet PC with enough memory
> (2GB) and enough HD to comfortably run Vista. I just need a couple
> of small device driver updates from them, but no. The model I have,
> which is only 20 months old and which I paid a premium in
> expectationt that it would support Vista.
>
> However, Fujitsu is only supporting the 4210 and 4215 model.
>
> I'm sure I am not the only one suffering as such.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Keith Nicholson, MVP C#

Bazil

Re: What is Microsoft Doing to Encourage....
Any updates on support from Fujitsu on the T4010? I'm in the same
boat: A Vista installation that only partially works, and having to
rely on hackery and using drivers for other Fujitsu models to get it
working.

Iantha

On Mar 7, 10:16 am, "Keith Nicholson" <knichol...@ksdynamics.com>
wrote:
> I've got to say I'm impressed again byFujitsu.
>
> When I spoke to them yesterday, I did not expect the representative to truly
> pass on my concerns. Today, I got a call. They are assisting me with the
> four key areas. I'll let you know how it goes.
>
> Keith
>
> "Keith Nicholson" <knichol...@ksdynamics.com> wrote in message

> >I installed it back in November with RTM. I have patiently waited for some
> >specific drivers fromFujitsuwho is the manufacture for the special
> >buttons and display controls for automatic rotating of screen since this is
> >a TabletPC convertable. Intel, the video driver mfg, has not supplied
> >Vistadrivers for the video chip on their site, andFujitsumust have some
> >funny Toshiba Bluetooth stacks. I've tried a series of them from Toshiba
> >and no luck yet. Also there is a special set of microphones (array) built
> >into the screen. I have no idea how to turn them off. It sounds pretty
> >funny when I carry it outside in on a windy day and I get the schrill of
> >feedback.

> > It has worked extremely well except for these small problems. That is why
> > it surprises me thatFujitsudoes not just go ahead and find a way to
> > support the drivers. It would make my life easier.

> > Best Wishes,
> > Keith

> > "Dave B." <m...@nomail.net> wrote in message
> >> Just because they aren't supporting it, doesn't meanVistawon't work on
> >> it. Rather than going throughFujitsufor drivers, go to the hardware
> >> mfg's directly.

> >> --
> >> ----
> >> Crosspost, do not multiposthttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
> >> How to ask a questionhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> >> How to Posthttp://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >>http://www.db-pc.com

=?Utf-8?B?dmlzdGE=?=

Re: What is Microsoft Doing to Encourage....
I did not manage yet to make bluetooth and card reader works.

please someone help?

i dont know why fujitsu-siemens is doing that?
do they think i ll buy again their laptop after that? no way....

do i have to reinstall xp in order my laptop to work normally again?