Epson R300 wont print cd labels in vista

Phil

Epson R300 wont print cd labels in vista
Prints documents ok - have been on with this for ages, no joy.
Tried Vista's drivers and XP.
Another strange thing - the original Epson default printer refuses to be
deleted. OR made default. Strange.

Art

Re: Epson R300 wont print cd labels in vista

"Phil" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Prints documents ok - have been on with this for ages, no joy.
> Tried Vista's drivers and XP.
> Another strange thing - the original Epson default printer refuses to be
> deleted. OR made default. Strange.

This is suprising as my R200 prints CD labels fine on Home Premium. Worked
out of the box with the default drivers. Maybe there's something different
in the R300 drivers that Vista doesn't like.

Art

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Epson R300 wont print cd labels in vista
Two weeks after I installed Vista, my R200 refused to print black. Changed
cartridge, still nothing. So it's gone in the trash and I'm getting a Canon
ip4300 which I can 'change' to make it print on DVDs.

Did you reboot after the uninstall.... with the printer disconnected? That
should make the entries disappear. Also check in the Server Properties...
(Control Panel, Printers, File, Server Properties).
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Phil" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Prints documents ok - have been on with this for ages, no joy.
> Tried Vista's drivers and XP.
> Another strange thing - the original Epson default printer refuses to be
> deleted. OR made default. Strange.

Martyn Woodfield

Re: Epson R300 wont print cd labels in vista
Hi, To get your Epson R300 printer to print on DVD/CD'S this is what you
have to do. As I'm sure you will know the basic printer drivers are already
in Vista so that is only a matter of pluging in the printer, then to get the
DVD/CD tray working you need to phone Epson on 08704437766 and order the new
software disc Version 1.50 that will cost you £10.00. You will then need
to download from the Epson site a file, it is an XP file strangely enough
but, it is the one that you will need to patch the new software. The file is
EPSON EASYPRINTMODULE 3.0a FILE NUMBER 28265 you need to install this before
the new sotware, if you don't you will get error messages when you try to
launch the DVD/CD printing program.
When you have installed everything and you go to print your Disc it
will come up with an error saying CD PRINTER DRIVER NOT INSTALLED click OK
the printing interface window will come up, you will need to select MANUAL
PRINTING and then ANOTHER WINDOW will appear GO TO PAPER SOURCE AND SELECT
MANUAL click OK and your printer DVD/CD tray will work.
Please let me know if this has helped you and if you want anymore
info on the printer just email me and if I can help I will.

Regards,
Martyn.
"Art" <dont@email.me> wrote in message

> "Phil" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Prints documents ok - have been on with this for ages, no joy.
>> Tried Vista's drivers and XP.
>> Another strange thing - the original Epson default printer refuses to be
>> deleted. OR made default. Strange.

> This is suprising as my R200 prints CD labels fine on Home Premium.
> Worked out of the box with the default drivers. Maybe there's something
> different in the R300 drivers that Vista doesn't like.
>
> Art

Martyn Woodfield

Re:How to get your Epson R300 Printer DVD/CD Working

> Hi, To get your Epson R300 printer to print on DVD/CD'S this is what you
> have to do. As I'm sure you will know the basic printer drivers are
> already in Vista so that is only a matter of pluging in the printer, then
> to get the DVD/CD tray working you need to phone Epson on 08704437766 and
> order the new software disc Version 1.50 that will cost you £10.00. You
> will then need to download from the Epson site a file, it is an XP file
> strangely enough but, it is the one that you will need to patch the new
> software. The file is EPSON EASYPRINTMODULE 3.0a FILE NUMBER 28265 you
> need to install this before the new sotware, if you don't you will get
> error messages when you try to launch the DVD/CD printing program.
> When you have installed everything and you go to print your Disc it
> will come up with an error saying CD PRINTER DRIVER NOT INSTALLED click OK
> the printing interface window will come up, you will need to select MANUAL
> PRINTING and then ANOTHER WINDOW will appear GO TO PAPER SOURCE AND SELECT
> MANUAL click OK and your printer DVD/CD tray will work.
> Please let me know if this has helped you and if you want anymore
> info on the printer just email me and if I can help I will.

Phil

Re: Re:How to get your Epson R300 Printer DVD/CD Working
Got it - by uninstalling the epson with the vita driver and reinstalling
with XP driver (that said, I had done that before, and it hadn't worked)
Oh well, if it works, I'm happy !
"Martyn Woodfield" <marbek@woodfieldm.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

>> Hi, To get your Epson R300 printer to print on DVD/CD'S this is what you
>> have to do. As I'm sure you will know the basic printer drivers are
>> already in Vista so that is only a matter of pluging in the printer, then
>> to get the DVD/CD tray working you need to phone Epson on 08704437766 and
>> order the new software disc Version 1.50 that will cost you £10.00.
>> You will then need to download from the Epson site a file, it is an XP
>> file strangely enough but, it is the one that you will need to patch the
>> new software. The file is EPSON EASYPRINTMODULE 3.0a FILE NUMBER 28265
>> you need to install this before the new sotware, if you don't you will
>> get error messages when you try to launch the DVD/CD printing program.
>> When you have installed everything and you go to print your Disc
>> it will come up with an error saying CD PRINTER DRIVER NOT INSTALLED
>> click OK the printing interface window will come up, you will need to
>> select MANUAL PRINTING and then ANOTHER WINDOW will appear GO TO PAPER
>> SOURCE AND SELECT MANUAL click OK and your printer DVD/CD tray will work.
>> Please let me know if this has helped you and if you want anymore
>> info on the printer just email me and if I can help I will.

Phil

Re: Epson R300 wont print cd labels in vista
Actually, I used the help and got the "how to" there in getting shot of the
reluctant to be deleted printer !
Right click, run as administrator, delete - gone !