Mouse hover is not where the mouse actually is

BT

Mouse hover is not where the mouse actually is
My mouse does not seem to be where it is actually visible. For instance when
I want to close a program window I have to move around the x to close the
program but am not acutally over the button. The accuracy of the pointer is
out by half an inch. When I go into the control panel and select the mouse
there is not option to calibrate the mouse. Any suggestion on how to get my
mouse pointer to be more accurate
Quaoar

Re: Mouse hover is not where the mouse actually is
BT wrote:
> My mouse does not seem to be where it is actually visible. For instance when
> I want to close a program window I have to move around the x to close the
> program but am not acutally over the button. The accuracy of the pointer is
> out by half an inch. When I go into the control panel and select the mouse
> there is not option to calibrate the mouse. Any suggestion on how to get my
> mouse pointer to be more accurate

You might have the wrong screen resolution. Say you have a widescreen,
typically 1280 x 800, the current setting might be 1280 x 1024, or even
1024 x 768.

gpquinn is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just fixed this after a Google search. Go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers and set the scheme to (none). Apply. Fixed.

tkabes is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mouse not accurate in Vista
I had the exact same problem. Thanks to this website "vistaheads", I was able to fix it.

Control Panel, Mouse, Pointers, Schemes....set schemes to "None" and mouse will be much more accurate.
Pabitra malla shahi

"BT" wrote:

> My mouse does not seem to be where it is actually visible. For instance when
> I want to close a program window I have to move around the x to close the
> program but am not acutally over the button. The accuracy of the pointer is
> out by half an inch. When I go into the control panel and select the mouse
> there is not option to calibrate the mouse. Any suggestion on how to get my
> mouse pointer to be more accurate

Stuart Sabatini

Re: Mouse hover is not where the mouse actually is
I had this problem with a dell XPS 420 and ATI graphics card running vista.
There was a update to the ATI driver for the graphics card. This cured the
problem. Do you have a Windows update icon on your start menu. This is
where I found the update

Stuart Sabatini

"Pabitra malla shahi" <Pabitramallashahi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:CD0EE32F-0806-49D6-8B15-1E7F11CC3F61@microsoft.com...

> "BT" wrote:
>
>> My mouse does not seem to be where it is actually visible. For instance
>> when
>> I want to close a program window I have to move around the x to close the
>> program but am not acutally over the button. The accuracy of the pointer
>> is
>> out by half an inch. When I go into the control panel and select the
>> mouse
>> there is not option to calibrate the mouse. Any suggestion on how to get
>> my
>> mouse pointer to be more accurate

regor8542 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Mouse hover is not where the mouse actually is
I too had a problem with my mouse not lining up quite where it was supposed to be. what I did was to go to my ATI and saw my setting for my screen was at 1440 x 900 i changed it to 1280 x 1024 and then back to 1440 x 900 and badda bing it was fixed.
j0n j0n is offline

j0n is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Mouse hover is not where the mouse actually is
hi ppls was wonderin if u can help. i kno this is an old thread but im having the same problems.
i made my own mouse cursor using an image, now the cursor is not actually where the mouse is, is there a way to re calibrate it or anything i can download to fix it?
if i change back to default its fine, when i change it to my own its about half an inch off.
thanx
JosephKK

Re: Mouse hover is not where the mouse actually is
On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 23:14:54 +0100, j0n
<j0n.3zjzk1@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>hi ppls was wonderin if u can help. i kno this is an old thread but im
>having the same problems.
>i made my own mouse cursor using an image, now the cursor is not
>actually where the mouse is, is there a way to re calibrate it or
>anything i can download to fix it?
>if i change back to default its fine, when i change it to my own its
>about half an inch off.
>thanx

Using whatever SW you used to create your cursor adjust the pointing
reference of the cursor to be in the appropriate place in the graphic
of the cursor.