Headset microphone

Fredrik

Headset microphone
I would like to run a software where I'm supposed to use a headset and need
to hear what I'm saying in the microphone in the headphones.
The microphone is working, and so are the headphones, but I can't get the
feedback.
This is easyto solve in XP, but I can't find out how to do it in XP.
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Headset microphone
"Fredrik" <Fredrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsCB2D4F0-2087-45BC-9B41-20A62CF23772@microsoft.com...
>I would like to run a software where I'm supposed to use a headset and need
> to hear what I'm saying in the microphone in the headphones.
> The microphone is working, and so are the headphones, but I can't get the
> feedback.
> This is easyto solve in XP, but I can't find out how to do it in XP.

Control Panel > Sound > Levels tab

Do you see the speaker at the end of the volume scale? unmute it..

--
Mike Hall - MVP

Fredrik

Re: Headset microphone
The speaker is unmuted and everything seems to work (I can record and
listen), but I can't get the sound from the mic directly to the earphones.

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> "Fredrik" <Fredrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsCB2D4F0-2087-45BC-9B41-20A62CF23772@microsoft.com...
> >I would like to run a software where I'm supposed to use a headset and need
> > to hear what I'm saying in the microphone in the headphones.
> > The microphone is working, and so are the headphones, but I can't get the
> > feedback.
> > This is easyto solve in XP, but I can't find out how to do it in XP.

> Control Panel > Sound > Levels tab
>
> Do you see the speaker at the end of the volume scale? unmute it..
>
> --
> Mike Hall - MVP

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Headset microphone
Scan this ng for similar issues and their resolution a few weeks ago. I
remember some but not the resolution.

> The speaker is unmuted and everything seems to work (I can record and
> listen), but I can't get the sound from the mic directly to the earphones.
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
>
>> "Fredrik" <Fredrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsCB2D4F0-2087-45BC-9B41-20A62CF23772@microsoft.com...
>> >I would like to run a software where I'm supposed to use a headset and
>> >need
>> > to hear what I'm saying in the microphone in the headphones.
>> > The microphone is working, and so are the headphones, but I can't get
>> > the
>> > feedback.
>> > This is easyto solve in XP, but I can't find out how to do it in XP.

>> Control Panel > Sound > Levels tab
>>
>> Do you see the speaker at the end of the volume scale? unmute it..
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx

Alejo

Re: Headset microphone
Man i heve the same problem. did u figure out how to solve the problem?

"Fredrik" wrote:

> The speaker is unmuted and everything seems to work (I can record and
> listen), but I can't get the sound from the mic directly to the earphones.
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
>
> > "Fredrik" <Fredrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > newsCB2D4F0-2087-45BC-9B41-20A62CF23772@microsoft.com...
> > >I would like to run a software where I'm supposed to use a headset and need
> > > to hear what I'm saying in the microphone in the headphones.
> > > The microphone is working, and so are the headphones, but I can't get the
> > > feedback.
> > > This is easyto solve in XP, but I can't find out how to do it in XP.

> > Control Panel > Sound > Levels tab
> >
> > Do you see the speaker at the end of the volume scale? unmute it..
> >
> > --
> > Mike Hall - MVP
> > http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx

jturpin1

Re: Headset microphone

I have researched this issue elsewhere for the vista OS. I've read that
you can go to Control Panel>Sound>Recording tab> right click the main
box > show disabled components> (apply and then perhaps restart the
system, return to the recording tab) > enable 'mix out' or similar
component name.

Others have said this works for them, as for myself, I still do not see
any new components to enable when I choose to display the disabled ones.
Does anyone have any more ideas beyond this?

--
jturpin1