Wireless adapter problem

darrenhart

Wireless adapter problem
Hello,
I'm using a netgear wg111v2 wireless usb adapter with 64 bit vista. When I
turn off my monitor, the usb adapter is disabled and I have to unplug it and
plug it back in again to reconect. As long as the monitor doesn't turn off
it stays conected fine. Any advice?
Dwarf

RE: Wireless adapter problem
Hi darrenhart,

Is the USB adapter plugged directly into your base unit or is it plugged
into a socket on your monitor? Some USB sockets on a monitor are powered
sockets. They do not draw the power from the socket on the base unit, rather
they are supplied with power from the monitor's power supply, with the result
that if the monitor is turned off all items plugged into these sockets lose
power and turn off. Sometimes when the monitor is turned back on it can leave
the system in a confused state and the only way to clear the confusion is to
unplug and reinsert any USB devices using these sockets.
Dwarf

"darrenhart" wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm using a netgear wg111v2 wireless usb adapter with 64 bit vista. When I
> turn off my monitor, the usb adapter is disabled and I have to unplug it and
> plug it back in again to reconect. As long as the monitor doesn't turn off
> it stays conected fine. Any advice?

darrenhart

RE: Wireless adapter problem
The Adapter is Not plugged into the monitor. It is plugged into the a USB
port on the back of the computer.

"Dwarf" wrote:

> Hi darrenhart,
>
> Is the USB adapter plugged directly into your base unit or is it plugged
> into a socket on your monitor? Some USB sockets on a monitor are powered
> sockets. They do not draw the power from the socket on the base unit, rather
> they are supplied with power from the monitor's power supply, with the result
> that if the monitor is turned off all items plugged into these sockets lose
> power and turn off. Sometimes when the monitor is turned back on it can leave
> the system in a confused state and the only way to clear the confusion is to
> unplug and reinsert any USB devices using these sockets.
> Dwarf
>
> "darrenhart" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I'm using a netgear wg111v2 wireless usb adapter with 64 bit vista. When I
> > turn off my monitor, the usb adapter is disabled and I have to unplug it and
> > plug it back in again to reconect. As long as the monitor doesn't turn off
> > it stays conected fine. Any advice?

RalfG

Re: Wireless adapter problem
It could be due to RF noise from the monitor as it shuts down. Try the WLAN
adapter in a USB extension cable, move it some distance from the monitor to
see if the problem persists.