Sond card problems

R.T.

Sond card problems

Sound blaster has many problems with sound with Vista,
(the card is Audigy4) pop sounds and more, is there any good sound
card out there working A-1 with Vista, only beta drivers for all sound
blaster card on there web page.

tia
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Sond card problems
Creative are still working on them. Drop them an email and ask how long.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"R.T." <tassebob@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Sound blaster has many problems with sound with Vista,
> (the card is Audigy4) pop sounds and more, is there any good sound
> card out there working A-1 with Vista, only beta drivers for all sound
> blaster card on there web page.
>

> tia

DevilsPGD

Re: Sond card problems
In message <#kagfr2XHHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl> "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
<NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote:

>Creative are still working on them. Drop them an email and ask how long.

Today was the last official due date, but they have been tentatively
delayed until later this week.
--
Insert something clever here.
churin

Re: Sond card problems
How bad is it. I have tested the following three cards and playback/
recording work:

1. Sound Blaster 16 PCI (Model SB4740)
2. Sound Blaster Audigy SE
3. Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS

R.T. wrote:

> Sound blaster has many problems with sound with Vista,
> (the card is Audigy4) pop sounds and more, is there any good sound
> card out there working A-1 with Vista, only beta drivers for all sound
> blaster card on there web page.
>

> tia

DevilsPGD

Re: Sond card problems
In message <uGV69M3XHHA.992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl> churin
<churin@new.postalias> wrote:

>How bad is it. I have tested the following three cards and playback/
>recording work:
>
>1. Sound Blaster 16 PCI (Model SB4740)
>2. Sound Blaster Audigy SE
>3. Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS

My experience with Creative's beta drivers for my Audigy 2 Value has
resulted in a non-bootable system both times. Vista reports that it
cannot find the registry, and therefore will not even attempt to boot.

After a couple rounds of running the recovery tools from DVD, and a fair
number of files getting "recovered" by chkdsk I was able to get into
Windows, but a number of files were not recoverable. A restore from
backup resolved the issue.

I filed the appropriate reports with Creative.
--
Insert something clever here.
Justin Thyme

Re: Sond card problems
Hello,

I'm have a Audigy 2 ZS, Using driver version 6.0.2.1241
It's working alright, No distortion etc. I don't have DTS, Dolby, I don't
recored anything so I don't know how that works.

"churin" <churin@new.postalias> wrote in message
> How bad is it. I have tested the following three cards and playback/
> recording work:
>
> 1. Sound Blaster 16 PCI (Model SB4740)
> 2. Sound Blaster Audigy SE
> 3. Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS
>

> R.T. wrote:
>>
>> Sound blaster has many problems with sound with Vista,
>> (the card is Audigy4) pop sounds and more, is there any good sound
>> card out there working A-1 with Vista, only beta drivers for all sound
>> blaster card on there web page. tia

=?Utf-8?B?c3lyaW54dGhyYXdu?=

Re: Sond card problems
> How bad is it. I have tested the following three cards and playback/
> recording work:
>
> 1. Sound Blaster 16 PCI (Model SB4740)
> 2. Sound Blaster Audigy SE
> 3. Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS

Are you able to use your microphone? I wasn't able to hear myself and my
VoIP apps didn't seem to see it either. Works fine under XP. Creative's
latest drivers state that it does not support "Direct Monitoring". In the
applet in Vista, I was able to see the onscreen meter respond to my voice,
but I couldn't hear a thing.
=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=

Re: Sond card problems

"syrinxthrawn" wrote:

> > How bad is it. I have tested the following three cards and playback/
> > recording work:
> >
> > 1. Sound Blaster 16 PCI (Model SB4740)
> > 2. Sound Blaster Audigy SE
> > 3. Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS

> Are you able to use your microphone? I wasn't able to hear myself and my
> VoIP apps didn't seem to see it either. Works fine under XP. Creative's
> latest drivers state that it does not support "Direct Monitoring". In the
> applet in Vista, I was able to see the onscreen meter respond to my voice,
> but I couldn't hear a thing.

I have also had a problems with mics. I was using skype and it would just
crash I need help with how to get it to work. Someone out there HELP!!!