Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

AutoPlay Feature--Disable

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2007
=?Utf-8?B?cmh5ZGU=?=
 

Posts: n/a
AutoPlay Feature--Disable
Is there a way, in Windows Vista, to disable the autoplay feature so that
windows explorer does not open up displaying the contents of the external
hard drive after each boot up.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2007
Puppy Breath
 

Posts: n/a
Re: AutoPlay Feature--Disable
Click the Start button, type auto and click AutoPlay.


"rhyde" <rhyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1374D135-9592-4034-9564-5F0B8EF6611A@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way, in Windows Vista, to disable the autoplay feature so that
> windows explorer does not open up displaying the contents of the external
> hard drive after each boot up.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2007
=?Utf-8?B?cmh5ZGU=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: AutoPlay Feature--Disable
Then what?

"Puppy Breath" wrote:

> Click the Start button, type auto and click AutoPlay.
>
>
> "rhyde" <rhyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:1374D135-9592-4034-9564-5F0B8EF6611A@microsoft.com...
> > Is there a way, in Windows Vista, to disable the autoplay feature so that
> > windows explorer does not open up displaying the contents of the external
> > hard drive after each boot up.

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2007
 

Posts: n/a
Re: AutoPlay Feature--Disable
Choose the choices that meet your goals. Are you stupid?

"rhyde" <rhyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:716B820B-0007-4AA7-A89C-B3165C570BF4@microsoft.com...
> Then what?
>
> "Puppy Breath" wrote:
>
>> Click the Start button, type auto and click AutoPlay.
>>
>>
>> "rhyde" <rhyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:1374D135-9592-4034-9564-5F0B8EF6611A@microsoft.com...
>> > Is there a way, in Windows Vista, to disable the autoplay feature so
>> > that
>> > windows explorer does not open up displaying the contents of the
>> > external
>> > hard drive after each boot up.

>>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2007
Kirk
 

Posts: n/a
Re: AutoPlay Feature--Disable
Open Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> AutoPlay then set up how you
want things.
Kirk

"rhyde" <rhyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1374D135-9592-4034-9564-5F0B8EF6611A@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way, in Windows Vista, to disable the autoplay feature so that
> windows explorer does not open up displaying the contents of the external
> hard drive after each boot up.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2007
=?Utf-8?B?cmh5ZGU=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: AutoPlay Feature--Disable
I want to set it for the entire external hard drive, and there is no options
there to do that. Do you have a suggestion on how to do it for the entire
hard drive. the drive does not appear under devices in the AutoPlay menu.

"Kirk" wrote:

> Open Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> AutoPlay then set up how you
> want things.
> Kirk
>
> "rhyde" <rhyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:1374D135-9592-4034-9564-5F0B8EF6611A@microsoft.com...
> > Is there a way, in Windows Vista, to disable the autoplay feature so that
> > windows explorer does not open up displaying the contents of the external
> > hard drive after each boot up.

>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2007
Ward Taylor
 

Posts: n/a
Re: AutoPlay Feature--Disable
Hi
You can, if you so desire, turn off autoplay on all drives, which will solve
your problem on the hdd, but will also disable it for everything else,
really safer anyway.
Click start>run>type gpedit.msc>click ok>expand computer
configuration>expand administrative templates>expand windows
components>click on autoplay policies>double-click turn off autoplay in the
right-hand pane>click on enabled>select all drives in the drop down>click
ok>go back to start>click run>type gpupdate>click ok>your done
Cheers
"rhyde" <rhyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:03B42076-A200-400C-8D11-F020EDBBBBEF@microsoft.com...
>I want to set it for the entire external hard drive, and there is no
>options
> there to do that. Do you have a suggestion on how to do it for the entire
> hard drive. the drive does not appear under devices in the AutoPlay menu.
>
> "Kirk" wrote:
>
>> Open Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> AutoPlay then set up how you
>> want things.
>> Kirk
>>
>> "rhyde" <rhyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:1374D135-9592-4034-9564-5F0B8EF6611A@microsoft.com...
>> > Is there a way, in Windows Vista, to disable the autoplay feature so
>> > that
>> > windows explorer does not open up displaying the contents of the
>> > external
>> > hard drive after each boot up.

>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to disable permanently the driver signature enforcement feature in Vista Ultimate x64 killallspammers microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 16 08-17-2009 07:45
How do I disable autoplay for a specific drive =?Utf-8?B?amdyZng=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 12-16-2007 23:45
Autoplay does not present CD burn dialog box =?Utf-8?B?RFdpbGxldHQ=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 03-03-2007 09:09
USB Autoplay settings =?Utf-8?B?SHlycmVuY2U=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 03-03-2007 04:18
hardware autoplay options........ Craig Williamson microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 3 02-06-2007 21:28




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:14.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120