Toshiba Satellite Pro - Battery Meter at 100% all the time

Andrew Shaw

Toshiba Satellite Pro - Battery Meter at 100% all the time
I have a brand new Toshiba Satellite A100/800 that came pre-loaded
with Vista Home Premium. (I'm probably going to blow that away and put
Business on, but that's another story).

My battery issue is that the battery meter in the system tray reports
that the battery is at 100%, for the entire time that its running on
battery - and then after the power runs out, 2 hours or so - the
machine just dies (understandably!)

When I plug in the power the icon changes to charging and the battery
charges fine and when I pull out the power it switches to battery mode
and reports 100% power all the time again. So its charging OK and
there doesn't seem to be a connection problem.

I've found no drivers section on the Toshiba site, but maybe they are
hidden away somewhere I haven't found.

There are no problems in Device Manager either - everything accounted
for.

Has anyone come across this before?
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro - Battery Meter at 100% all the time
Drivers are all at www.vistadl.toshiba.com

(Yes, I wish they'd make it clearer as well!!!)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Andrew Shaw" <not@home.today> wrote in message
>I have a brand new Toshiba Satellite A100/800 that came pre-loaded
> with Vista Home Premium. (I'm probably going to blow that away and put
> Business on, but that's another story).
>
> My battery issue is that the battery meter in the system tray reports
> that the battery is at 100%, for the entire time that its running on
> battery - and then after the power runs out, 2 hours or so - the
> machine just dies (understandably!)
>
> When I plug in the power the icon changes to charging and the battery
> charges fine and when I pull out the power it switches to battery mode
> and reports 100% power all the time again. So its charging OK and
> there doesn't seem to be a connection problem.
>
> I've found no drivers section on the Toshiba site, but maybe they are
> hidden away somewhere I haven't found.
>
> There are no problems in Device Manager either - everything accounted
> for.
>
> Has anyone come across this before?

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro - Battery Meter at 100% all the time
I've seen reports like this over in the Compuserve Laptop Forum, which
handles a lot of Toshiba users.

I get the impression that VISTA does not handle fan and power control
very well.

I checked the Toshiba website for updates but it does not show that
model -- it's not a US model is it? Can you tell me what country it is
from and confirm the full model number.

I checked France and it's not there either.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro - Battery Meter at 100% all the time
Satellite Pros are UK models but they may appear elsewhere too. Don't have
any problems with my Satellite P105.
--

"Hugh Wyn Griffith" <huwyngr@unspam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
news:VA.0000018f.0066cbdb@unspam.tampabay.rr.com.. .
> I've seen reports like this over in the Compuserve Laptop Forum, which
> handles a lot of Toshiba users.
>
> I get the impression that VISTA does not handle fan and power control
> very well.
>
> I checked the Toshiba website for updates but it does not show that
> model -- it's not a US model is it? Can you tell me what country it is
> from and confirm the full model number.
>
> I checked France and it's not there either.

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro - Battery Meter at 100% all the time
<< Toshiba Satellite A100/800 >> is not a Satellite Pro, it's a
Satellite type ID and it does not appear in the US models.

Hence my question.