Screensaver

Roy Sallis

Screensaver
Just got a new PC with Vista and my screensaver does not work. A previous
thread indicated that it could be caused by a wireless mouse. I have a MS
Intellipoint 4.1. Is this the cause of the problem?
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Screensaver
Try a usb or ps/2 mouse and see.

"Roy Sallis" <RoySallis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just got a new PC with Vista and my screensaver does not work. A previous
> thread indicated that it could be caused by a wireless mouse. I have a MS
> Intellipoint 4.1. Is this the cause of the problem?

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Screensaver
"Roy Sallis" <RoySallis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just got a new PC with Vista and my screensaver does not work. A previous
> thread indicated that it could be caused by a wireless mouse. I have a MS
> Intellipoint 4.1. Is this the cause of the problem?

There is an optional Windows Update for an HID device. Go to WU at your
earliest convenience and get it..

--
Mike Hall - MVP

Carlos

Re: Screensaver
Roy,
You should be using v6.1 or newer.
Download the proper version for your hardware and OS from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx
CARLos
"Roy Sallis" <RoySallis@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de
noticias news:74A2F53C-00BB-4ABC-892E-A0430783B57F@microsoft.com...
> Just got a new PC with Vista and my screensaver does not work. A previous
> thread indicated that it could be caused by a wireless mouse. I have a MS
> Intellipoint 4.1. Is this the cause of the problem?

Carlos

RE: Screensaver
Yes, it is.
Download v6.1 from here:

"Roy Sallis" wrote:

> Just got a new PC with Vista and my screensaver does not work. A previous
> thread indicated that it could be caused by a wireless mouse. I have a MS
> Intellipoint 4.1. Is this the cause of the problem?

Carlos

RE: Screensaver
It is a known bug.
You will need to install v6.1 or later.
Download the one that applies to your hardware and OS from here:

"Roy Sallis" wrote:

> Just got a new PC with Vista and my screensaver does not work. A previous
> thread indicated that it could be caused by a wireless mouse. I have a MS
> Intellipoint 4.1. Is this the cause of the problem?

PaulB

RE: Screensaver
If you have a MS wireless mouse you need to install an optional update titled
"Microsoft -Other Hardware -HID Non-user Input filter" . This will fix the
screensaver problem. If you are using Intellipoint 4.1 software, you should
also update to 6.2 (I believe it is now).

--
Paul

"Roy Sallis" wrote:

> Just got a new PC with Vista and my screensaver does not work. A previous
> thread indicated that it could be caused by a wireless mouse. I have a MS
> Intellipoint 4.1. Is this the cause of the problem?

Roy Sallis

Re: Screensaver
Thanks for the reply. It is a usb mouse. I unplugged it and the screen saver
works. Looks like MSN has some fixing to do.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Try a usb or ps/2 mouse and see.
>
> "Roy Sallis" <RoySallis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just got a new PC with Vista and my screensaver does not work. A previous
> > thread indicated that it could be caused by a wireless mouse. I have a MS
> > Intellipoint 4.1. Is this the cause of the problem?

Carlos

Re: Screensaver
They actually did it.
You need v6.1 installed.