Can't burn DVDs or CDs on Windows Vista

Guille

Can't burn DVDs or CDs on Windows Vista
Hi, I have Home Premium 64-bits, installed one month ago and never tried this
until now.

When I insert a blank DVD or CD, it doesn't show anything and then I got to
My Computer and double click the DVD icon and I get the message that "Windows
can not read the disk on drive D:\" or something like that. So I went to the
manufacturer site and downloaded firmware, updated, rebooted and still having
the same issue.

However I can read used disks, and I can burn perfectly using third party
burning software. What is going on?
Guille

RE: Can't burn DVDs or CDs on Windows Vista
I found the solution...

Apparently Windows Vista was labeling opr so my DVD burner as an SCSI unit?
Well, I went under Storage controllers (or Controladoras de almacenamiento in
Spanish), I uninstalled the one that said "controllers", not "Microsoft",
rebooted, after restart, Vista installed something, then I recheck the
hardware list and under DVD CD-Rom, under, listed as ATA device.

Now it works just fine.
Carlos

RE: Can't burn DVDs or CDs on Windows Vista
Guille:
Me podés contar en nuestro idioma cómo lo solucionaste?
No entiendo bien lo de "Vista was labeling opr".
Por suerte no tengo el problema pero siempre puede aparecer...
Gracias.
Carlos (Argentina)

"Guille" wrote:

> I found the solution...
>
> Apparently Windows Vista was labeling opr so my DVD burner as an SCSI unit?
> Well, I went under Storage controllers (or Controladoras de almacenamiento in
> Spanish), I uninstalled the one that said "controllers", not "Microsoft",
> rebooted, after restart, Vista installed something, then I recheck the
> hardware list and under DVD CD-Rom, under, listed as ATA device.
>
> Now it works just fine.

Guille

RE: Can't burn DVDs or CDs on Windows Vista
Pues claro, "opr" eso fue un error ortográfico (quise decir 'or'), pero
bueno, lo que dec*a era que en el administrador de dispositivos o hardware,
debajo de "Controladoras de almacenamiento", eliminé el controlador que
terminaba en "controladoras", nola que terminaba en "microsoft" (es que no me
recuerdo de que dec*a exactamente, luego reinicié. Iendo al grano, lo que
pasaba era que Windows Vista programó mi simple unidad EIDE DVD CD Rom como
una unidad SCSI. Luego de esto, mi unidad comenzó a funcionar normalmente.
Ojalá el SP1 arregle este toyo.

"Carlos" wrote:

> Guille:
> Me podés contar en nuestro idioma cómo lo solucionaste?
> No entiendo bien lo de "Vista was labeling opr".
> Por suerte no tengo el problema pero siempre puede aparecer...
> Gracias.
> Carlos (Argentina)
>
> "Guille" wrote:
>
> > I found the solution...
> >
> > Apparently Windows Vista was labeling opr so my DVD burner as an SCSI unit?
> > Well, I went under Storage controllers (or Controladoras de almacenamiento in
> > Spanish), I uninstalled the one that said "controllers", not "Microsoft",
> > rebooted, after restart, Vista installed something, then I recheck the
> > hardware list and under DVD CD-Rom, under, listed as ATA device.
> >
> > Now it works just fine.

feleti3

RE: Can't burn DVDs or CDs on Windows Vista
So you use to have a burning problem right? Well see everytime I copy a video
from my files that I've already transfered my videos from my camcorder to the
computer and saved it in my files right? so now i want to burn it onto a dvd
so i can watch on a dvd player and show my family. Now what i do is i copy
the video and I paste it into the dvd rw drive (e. The format window
pop-ups but its not loading. Then i get this message pop up saying "Windows
is unable to complete the format"
What seems to be the problem. Can you help me?? And if this is too confusing
tell me so that I can break it down for you! Thanks so much....