Need Help with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver

Mike McCollister

Need Help with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
I am using Windows Vista Ultimate and have the Intel Graphics Media
Accelerator Driver for Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family installed.
The version is 7.14.10.1147 which is the version that came with Windows
Update.

When I right click on the desktop I have two extra menu items, "Graphics
Properties..." and "Graphics Options". Under the "Graphics Options" menu
item I have three items, "Panel Fit", some blank menu option and "Rotation".
Under this blank menu option I have to options "Enable" and "Disable" and
"Disable" is grayed out and checked.

How do I get rid of this blank menu option?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling this driver without any success.

I re-installed Windows Vista on another hard drive to debug another problem
and noticed that the same driver does not give me that blank menu. I don't
want to resort to reinstalling Vista as this is a minor problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Dwarf

RE: Need Help with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
Hi Mike,

As has been pointed out numerous times across the newsgroups by several
people, myself included, you should not update drivers from Microsoft for
anything other than hardware manufactured by them. You should obtain all
hardware driver updates from the manufacturer, in your case Intel. I enclose
links to the relevant download pages. Select 32-bit or 64-bit as appropriate.
Dwarf

32-bit
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...rsion&lang=eng

64-bit

"Mike McCollister" wrote:

> I am using Windows Vista Ultimate and have the Intel Graphics Media
> Accelerator Driver for Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family installed.
> The version is 7.14.10.1147 which is the version that came with Windows
> Update.
>
> When I right click on the desktop I have two extra menu items, "Graphics
> Properties..." and "Graphics Options". Under the "Graphics Options" menu
> item I have three items, "Panel Fit", some blank menu option and "Rotation".
> Under this blank menu option I have to options "Enable" and "Disable" and
> "Disable" is grayed out and checked.
>
> How do I get rid of this blank menu option?
>
> I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling this driver without any success.
>
> I re-installed Windows Vista on another hard drive to debug another problem
> and noticed that the same driver does not give me that blank menu. I don't
> want to resort to reinstalling Vista as this is a minor problem.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Mike McCollister

Re: Need Help with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
Dwarf,

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Mike