delete system folders

kraken

delete system folders
How do I delete system folders??
Colin Barnhorst

Re: delete system folders
Why do feel the need to delete them? This is generally a bad idea. You may
have a good reason but please give us a little more info.

"kraken" <kraken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I delete system folders??

Rick Rogers

Re: delete system folders
What system folder are you trying to delete? In general, even if you manage
to delete one, the system will detect it as missing and recreate it upon a
system restart. This is what system folder protection is about. Certain
ones, if you manage to delete them, will cause the system to either stop
responding or fail to boot. If it is a non-critical folder, such as a
default program folder, it will be rebuilt anyways.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"kraken" <kraken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I delete system folders??

kraken

Re: delete system folders
This folder is the "shared files folder" and it says that its a system
folder, shouldnt I be able to delete the folder that is inside that folder at
least??

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> What system folder are you trying to delete? In general, even if you manage
> to delete one, the system will detect it as missing and recreate it upon a
> system restart. This is what system folder protection is about. Certain
> ones, if you manage to delete them, will cause the system to either stop
> responding or fail to boot. If it is a non-critical folder, such as a
> default program folder, it will be rebuilt anyways.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "kraken" <kraken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I delete system folders??

Rick Rogers

Re: delete system folders
Hi,

As long as it isn't one of the system default folders (in other words, one
you created), then yes. Be aware too that if the folder is in use you will
not be able to remove it until it has been released.