HP PSC1215 Install Problems

=?Utf-8?B?VG5pY2hz?=

HP PSC1215 Install Problems
HI,

I have a HP PSC1215 Printer which I connected via the USB on my Laptop.
According to everything I have read this is supposed to be plug and play.
But the printer does not appear in the printers section of control panel.

If I look atg the device manager and click on the USB devices, I can see the
printer but in the Status box on the General page it says that there is no
driver installed. I then go to the driver page and attempt to update the
driver and get the message saying that the driver is already up to date.

Can anyone help?

Richard G. Harper

Re: HP PSC1215 Install Problems
Did you check the HP Web site for Vista drivers for your printer? Without
them it won't work.

"Tnichs" <Tnichs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI,
>
> I have a HP PSC1215 Printer which I connected via the USB on my Laptop.
> According to everything I have read this is supposed to be plug and play.
> But the printer does not appear in the printers section of control panel.
>
> If I look atg the device manager and click on the USB devices, I can see
> the
> printer but in the Status box on the General page it says that there is no
> driver installed. I then go to the driver page and attempt to update the
> driver and get the message saying that the driver is already up to date.
>
> Can anyone help?

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBXYWduZXI=?=

Re: HP PSC1215 Install Problems
I have the same problem, there are no vista drivers on HP's site, I tried XP,
win2K, etc. but to no avail

This is starting to anger me. The expense of upgrading all my peripherals
was not something I considered.

Mike

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> Did you check the HP Web site for Vista drivers for your printer? Without
> them it won't work.

> "Tnichs" <Tnichs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI,
> >
> > I have a HP PSC1215 Printer which I connected via the USB on my Laptop.
> > According to everything I have read this is supposed to be plug and play.
> > But the printer does not appear in the printers section of control panel.
> >
> > If I look atg the device manager and click on the USB devices, I can see
> > the
> > printer but in the Status box on the General page it says that there is no
> > driver installed. I then go to the driver page and attempt to update the
> > driver and get the message saying that the driver is already up to date.
> >
> > Can anyone help?

Richard G. Harper

Re: HP PSC1215 Install Problems
Have you checked with HP to see if it will be supported? The vast majority
of the devices they aren't going to support already say that, the rest say
drivers are forthcoming. You may also want to ask them if you can use XP
drivers by using a specific process since many of their printers do work if
you do it right or use a compatible driver instead.

"Mike Wagner" <Mike Wagner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem, there are no vista drivers on HP's site, I tried
>XP,
> win2K, etc. but to no avail
>
> This is starting to anger me. The expense of upgrading all my peripherals
> was not something I considered.
>
> Mike
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> Did you check the HP Web site for Vista drivers for your printer?
>> Without
>> them it won't work.

>> "Tnichs" <Tnichs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > HI,
>> >
>> > I have a HP PSC1215 Printer which I connected via the USB on my Laptop.
>> > According to everything I have read this is supposed to be plug and
>> > play.
>> > But the printer does not appear in the printers section of control
>> > panel.
>> >
>> > If I look atg the device manager and click on the USB devices, I can
>> > see
>> > the
>> > printer but in the Status box on the General page it says that there is
>> > no
>> > driver installed. I then go to the driver page and attempt to update
>> > the
>> > driver and get the message saying that the driver is already up to
>> > date.
>> >
>> > Can anyone help?

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBXYWduZXI=?=

Re: HP PSC1215 Install Problems
Good News!

I have not tried this yet, but here's the answer HP emailed me today...

Dear Mike,

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

I understand from your email that you need to install HP photosmart
1215 printer in windows vista environment.

Mike ,at this point of time I wish I could have provide you the
Software for Windows Vista. Miscosoft has released full version of the
windows vista and it will take some time to release

drivers for windows vista environment as our engineers are working on
it.

However, Let us try performing the following work around to resolve this
issue :

1. Click Start, Go to settings then Click on Control Panel.
2. Double Click "Add Hardware Wizard". It prompts for Security. Please
click on "Continue".
3. Now Click "Next".
4. Now select the "Intall the hardware that I Manually select
(Advanced)".
5. Select the port for which the printer is connected.
6. Select the Manufacturer as "HP"
7. All the printers are displayed in the right side box.
8. Now select "HP deskJet 970CSE" Now click on Next.
9. Now write the printer name as "HP photosmart p1100 printer".
10. Click on Next.
10. Now click on "print a test Page" button. Now Click on "Finish".

I will try this when I get home tonight and let you all kow how it works.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> Have you checked with HP to see if it will be supported? The vast majority
> of the devices they aren't going to support already say that, the rest say
> drivers are forthcoming. You may also want to ask them if you can use XP
> drivers by using a specific process since many of their printers do work if
> you do it right or use a compatible driver instead.

> "Mike Wagner" <Mike Wagner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same problem, there are no vista drivers on HP's site, I tried
> >XP,
> > win2K, etc. but to no avail
> >
> > This is starting to anger me. The expense of upgrading all my peripherals
> > was not something I considered.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you check the HP Web site for Vista drivers for your printer?
> >> Without
> >> them it won't work.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> >> * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
> >> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
> >> * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
> >> * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

Re: HP PSC1215 Install Problems