I can't update my tv-tuner driver

Anna

I can't update my tv-tuner driver
Hi, I have a windows vista certified tv tuner (winfast DTV1800 H) but I just
can't get it to work, any help would be appriciated.

It worked the first time I installed it in june but when I had to change my
motherboard to drivers disappeared, I tried loading the drivers from the
original cd, and I tried downloading it from the manufactors website and the
installation is completed but afterwards it still says that there's no driver
installed(?), and the tv-tuner doesn't work. when I look at information on
driver the only file that's there is the ksthunk.sys. I tried removing
efterything but I get the same result.. what is wrong? is there any way I can
use windows update to help me?
Gary Mount

Re: I can't update my tv-tuner driver
I have a Hauppauge TV tuner (two actually) and I had to have it located in
either slot 1 or slot 2 in my mother board for it to work.
Since you say you changed mother board and it used to work, that could be a
possibility.
My motherboard is an older (3 or 4 year old) , non PCI express model.

"Anna" <Anna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a windows vista certified tv tuner (winfast DTV1800 H) but I
> just
> can't get it to work, any help would be appriciated.
>
> It worked the first time I installed it in june but when I had to change
> my
> motherboard to drivers disappeared, I tried loading the drivers from the
> original cd, and I tried downloading it from the manufactors website and
> the
> installation is completed but afterwards it still says that there's no
> driver
> installed(?), and the tv-tuner doesn't work. when I look at information on
> driver the only file that's there is the ksthunk.sys. I tried removing
> efterything but I get the same result.. what is wrong? is there any way I
> can
> use windows update to help me?

Curious

Re: I can't update my tv-tuner driver
After you installed the new MOBO did you also insure that you have the
latest BIOS update from the MOBO manufacturers WebSite?
"Anna" <Anna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a windows vista certified tv tuner (winfast DTV1800 H) but I
> just
> can't get it to work, any help would be appriciated.
>
> It worked the first time I installed it in june but when I had to change
> my
> motherboard to drivers disappeared, I tried loading the drivers from the
> original cd, and I tried downloading it from the manufactors website and
> the
> installation is completed but afterwards it still says that there's no
> driver
> installed(?), and the tv-tuner doesn't work. when I look at information on
> driver the only file that's there is the ksthunk.sys. I tried removing
> efterything but I get the same result.. what is wrong? is there any way I
> can
> use windows update to help me?

Anna

Re: I can't update my tv-tuner driver
thanks for replying Gary, well, I have two slots i can put it in but my
graphic card is so big that it covers one of them which only leaves one slot
free, I have been thinking about removing it and put it back again but I
figured if it didn't connect to the motherboard then vista wouldn't detect it
at all... well, this problem is sure giving me a lot of headache

"Gary Mount" wrote:

> I have a Hauppauge TV tuner (two actually) and I had to have it located in
> either slot 1 or slot 2 in my mother board for it to work.
> Since you say you changed mother board and it used to work, that could be a
> possibility.
> My motherboard is an older (3 or 4 year old) , non PCI express model.
>

> "Anna" <Anna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I have a windows vista certified tv tuner (winfast DTV1800 H) but I
> > just
> > can't get it to work, any help would be appriciated.
> >
> > It worked the first time I installed it in june but when I had to change
> > my
> > motherboard to drivers disappeared, I tried loading the drivers from the
> > original cd, and I tried downloading it from the manufactors website and
> > the
> > installation is completed but afterwards it still says that there's no
> > driver
> > installed(?), and the tv-tuner doesn't work. when I look at information on
> > driver the only file that's there is the ksthunk.sys. I tried removing
> > efterything but I get the same result.. what is wrong? is there any way I
> > can
> > use windows update to help me?

Anna

Re: I can't update my tv-tuner driver
Hi Curious, I haven't actually updated the BIOS, I've been thinking about it
but ppl have told me that it could crash my computer? well I'm not sure it
would help me either, here's my computers history:

* Bought it in june, put it together myself, everything worked fine.

* in October i plugged a headset into the frontpanel, which made my computer
crash(strange, I know) I did some thinking as to why my computer crashed, I
was clueless but after a while I went to a store, bought a new motherboard
and installed it myself, everything was working fine.

* I fixed the problem but I still didn't know what caused it so in December
I pugged my headset to the frontpanel again.. yes, it crashed again... so
this time I was so sick of it I went to the same store, I gave them the whole
computer and asked them to fix it. They put in a new motherboard and I got it
back in january.

So I'm not sure if I should try to update BIOS or if it'll possibly just
make things worse? afterall, the rest of the computer is still working...
what would you recommend me to do?

"Curious" wrote:

> After you installed the new MOBO did you also insure that you have the
> latest BIOS update from the MOBO manufacturers WebSite?
> "Anna" <Anna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I have a windows vista certified tv tuner (winfast DTV1800 H) but I
> > just
> > can't get it to work, any help would be appriciated.
> >
> > It worked the first time I installed it in june but when I had to change
> > my
> > motherboard to drivers disappeared, I tried loading the drivers from the
> > original cd, and I tried downloading it from the manufactors website and
> > the
> > installation is completed but afterwards it still says that there's no
> > driver
> > installed(?), and the tv-tuner doesn't work. when I look at information on
> > driver the only file that's there is the ksthunk.sys. I tried removing
> > efterything but I get the same result.. what is wrong? is there any way I
> > can
> > use windows update to help me?

rquigs28

RE: I can't update my tv-tuner driver

"Anna" wrote:
There is a hotfix posted on MS Suport
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929011. I am going to try it to resolve my
NVIDIA DualTV tuner card problem. Media center doesn't detect the card and
windows says it won't start.