Trendnet modem and 64bit drivers?

***** charles

Trendnet modem and 64bit drivers?
Hi all,

I am trying to install an internal pci modem in my
Vista 64 Basic machine. The modem is a Trendnet
TFM-PCIV92A and the cdrom that came in the
box does not show the 64 bit drivers when I start
it up. I contacted tech support and they emailed
me the "correct" drivers which do not install. I
also went to their web site before contacting tech
support and downloaded what was supposed to
be the correct 64 bit drivers and they didn't install
either. Any suggestions? Any pci modem drivers
come on the OEM disk for Vista 64 Basic?

thanks,
charles.....

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Trendnet modem and 64bit drivers?
If you have installed the modem shut down the computer, remove the modem,
reboot, insert the cd and install the software. Then shut down, reinstall
the modem, and restart. You cannot install the software with the modem in
the computer.

"***** charles" <shultzjrX@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:Gxrkj.4200$jJ5.266@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net ...
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to install an internal pci modem in my
> Vista 64 Basic machine. The modem is a Trendnet
> TFM-PCIV92A and the cdrom that came in the
> box does not show the 64 bit drivers when I start
> it up. I contacted tech support and they emailed
> me the "correct" drivers which do not install. I
> also went to their web site before contacting tech
> support and downloaded what was supposed to
> be the correct 64 bit drivers and they didn't install
> either. Any suggestions? Any pci modem drivers
> come on the OEM disk for Vista 64 Basic?
>
> thanks,
> charles.....

Dwarf

RE: Trendnet modem and 64bit drivers?
Hi Charles,

Here is a link to the support page for your modem. Note that there are
actually 2 versions of your modem: A and B1. This is actually the link to the
B1 version as, according to the website, type A is not compatible with Vista.
If yours is type A then that may be where your problem lies. Follow the
instructions carefully and note that the software installation MUST be done
before installing the hardware.
Dwarf

http://trendnet.com/asp/download_man...BTYPE_ID=1083#

"***** charles" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to install an internal pci modem in my
> Vista 64 Basic machine. The modem is a Trendnet
> TFM-PCIV92A and the cdrom that came in the
> box does not show the 64 bit drivers when I start
> it up. I contacted tech support and they emailed
> me the "correct" drivers which do not install. I
> also went to their web site before contacting tech
> support and downloaded what was supposed to
> be the correct 64 bit drivers and they didn't install
> either. Any suggestions? Any pci modem drivers
> come on the OEM disk for Vista 64 Basic?
>
> thanks,
> charles.....

***** charles

Re: Trendnet modem and 64bit drivers?
The CD that came with the modem in the box did
NOT have the 64 bit drivers listed in the install process.

later.

"Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote in message
> If you have installed the modem shut down the computer, remove the modem,
> reboot, insert the cd and install the software. Then shut down, reinstall
> the modem, and restart. You cannot install the software with the modem in
> the computer.
>
> "***** charles" <shultzjrX@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:Gxrkj.4200$jJ5.266@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net ...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to install an internal pci modem in my
> > Vista 64 Basic machine. The modem is a Trendnet
> > TFM-PCIV92A and the cdrom that came in the
> > box does not show the 64 bit drivers when I start
> > it up. I contacted tech support and they emailed
> > me the "correct" drivers which do not install. I
> > also went to their web site before contacting tech
> > support and downloaded what was supposed to
> > be the correct 64 bit drivers and they didn't install
> > either. Any suggestions? Any pci modem drivers
> > come on the OEM disk for Vista 64 Basic?
> >
> > thanks,
> > charles.....

***** charles

Re: Trendnet modem and 64bit drivers?
I am sure it is the B1 version but I will doublecheck.

later.

"Dwarf" <Dwarf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Charles,
>
> Here is a link to the support page for your modem. Note that there are
> actually 2 versions of your modem: A and B1. This is actually the link to

the
> B1 version as, according to the website, type A is not compatible with

Vista.
> If yours is type A then that may be where your problem lies. Follow the
> instructions carefully and note that the software installation MUST be

done
> before installing the hardware.
> Dwarf

http://trendnet.com/asp/download_man...SUBTYPE_ID=108