I have my USB reporting as Malfunctioned

tommore

I have my USB reporting as Malfunctioned

I have just installed Windows Vista, I dont have broadband in my laptop
i connect it through Dial up with the help of an USB modem. Im facing a
problem for the second time, Its a newly installed operating system, the
internet has been connecting very well for the first 2 days after
installing the operating system, Then when i connect it again with the
usb it says , USB not recognized and it has been malfunctioned. I
thought there is a problem in USB so i Formatted my system and again re
installed win vista, intially for 2 to 3 times it was quite and then the
error started to come back. As my USB not recognized and malfunctioned,
how to solve this problem does anyone here in this forum have
experienced a similar kind of situation.

--
tommore
tommore's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=39827

http://forums.techarena.in

Quaoar

Re: I have my USB reporting as Malfunctioned
tommore wrote:
> I have just installed Windows Vista, I dont have broadband in my laptop
> i connect it through Dial up with the help of an USB modem. Im facing a
> problem for the second time, Its a newly installed operating system, the
> internet has been connecting very well for the first 2 days after
> installing the operating system, Then when i connect it again with the
> usb it says , USB not recognized and it has been malfunctioned. I
> thought there is a problem in USB so i Formatted my system and again re
> installed win vista, intially for 2 to 3 times it was quite and then the
> error started to come back. As my USB not recognized and malfunctioned,
> how to solve this problem does anyone here in this forum have
> experienced a similar kind of situation.

You are not alone in this USB device recognition problem. The only
advice I can give is to unplug, wait fif**** seconds, then replug the
device. Do this until you give up or the device is recognized.

Alternatively, choose another USB port.

In the event that the device is recognized, do not remove the device
from that port unless the computer is shut down. Then, do not replug
the device to the computer unless the computer is shut down.