USB Generic Hub

Glenn

USB Generic Hub
I have a USB 2.0 Generic Hub that Vista calls an "Unrecognized Device." I
should not need a driver for this and Windows Vista agrees that a driver is
not needed. What do I do?

When I plug in a USB 1.0 Generic Hub into the same USB port it works like a
champ.

I have lurked for several days and have seen messages about lots of USB
problems, but no answer for my problem.

Reply to gdulmage@verizon.net if you don't want to reply to the group.

BobS

Re: USB Generic Hub
Have you checked your BIOS settings to insure that the USB options are set
to allow USB 2 operation?

Bob S.

"Glenn" <someone@msoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a USB 2.0 Generic Hub that Vista calls an "Unrecognized Device." I
>should not need a driver for this and Windows Vista agrees that a driver is
>not needed. What do I do?
>
> When I plug in a USB 1.0 Generic Hub into the same USB port it works like
> a champ.
>
> I have lurked for several days and have seen messages about lots of USB
> problems, but no answer for my problem.
>
> Reply to gdulmage@verizon.net if you don't want to reply to the group.

Glenn

Re: USB Generic Hub
I have updated my BIOS. The system already recognizes all my other USB 2.0
devices (2 cards, one came with the PC the other I added myself.

Glenn
\
"BobS" <no-spam@noplace.com> wrote in message
> Have you checked your BIOS settings to insure that the USB options are set
> to allow USB 2 operation?
>
> Bob S.
>

> "Glenn" <someone@msoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a USB 2.0 Generic Hub that Vista calls an "Unrecognized Device." I
>>should not need a driver for this and Windows Vista agrees that a driver
>>is not needed. What do I do?
>>
>> When I plug in a USB 1.0 Generic Hub into the same USB port it works like
>> a champ.
>>
>> I have lurked for several days and have seen messages about lots of USB
>> problems, but no answer for my problem.
>>
>> Reply to gdulmage@verizon.net if you don't want to reply to the group.

BobS

Re: USB Generic Hub
See if you can find out who made that hub that isn't working and ask them.
You've done about all you can do to verify it's not your system and that it
is the hub device.

>I have updated my BIOS. The system already recognizes all my other USB 2.0
>devices (2 cards, one came with the PC the other I added myself.
>
> Glenn
> \
> "BobS" <no-spam@noplace.com> wrote in message
>> Have you checked your BIOS settings to insure that the USB options are
>> set to allow USB 2 operation?
>>
>> Bob S.
>>

>> "Glenn" <someone@msoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a USB 2.0 Generic Hub that Vista calls an "Unrecognized Device."
>>>I should not need a driver for this and Windows Vista agrees that a
>>>driver is not needed. What do I do?
>>>
>>> When I plug in a USB 1.0 Generic Hub into the same USB port it works
>>> like a champ.
>>>
>>> I have lurked for several days and have seen messages about lots of USB
>>> problems, but no answer for my problem.
>>>
>>> Reply to gdulmage@verizon.net if you don't want to reply to the group.

Glenn

Re: USB Generic Hub
No luck. The hub says USB 2.0 and "made in China," that's all. No
manufacturer or any other name. I guess it will just be worthless to me.