Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state

roger

Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state
I have a very annoying problem with my Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse
Explorer for Bluetooth. When after putting my computer in sleep mode the
bluetooth mouse does not reconnect.

The only thing I can do is pull the batteries out of the mouse and put them
back in and only then it decides to reconnect.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit with the latest 64-bit MS
Wireless IntelliMouse drivers.

When logging onto the computer after completely shutting down the computer
(not sleep mode) the mouse reconnects just fine.

CSB

RE: Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state
I have the same issue on my new Dell XPS M1330 with Vista OS. Bought the
Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 and installation went smoothly, but
when waking the laptop after hibernation, the mouse does not re-connect.

The first time, the device did not show up in Bluetooth Devices so going
through the install process again worked. Now the mouse shows up, but still
will not connect. I've turned off the mouse and gone through the install
process; Device Manager says the mouse is working and connected, but it
doesn't work.

"roger" wrote:

> I have a very annoying problem with my Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse
> Explorer for Bluetooth. When after putting my computer in sleep mode the
> bluetooth mouse does not reconnect.
>
> The only thing I can do is pull the batteries out of the mouse and put them
> back in and only then it decides to reconnect.
>
> I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit with the latest 64-bit MS
> Wireless IntelliMouse drivers.
>
> When logging onto the computer after completely shutting down the computer
> (not sleep mode) the mouse reconnects just fine.

Norman

Re: Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state
Similar problem using Vista Ultimate on an Acer 7720 laptop with MS's
Bluetooth 5000 mouse. Connection of device was lost after a "sleep mode"
shut off. On re-start laptop had a low battery charge and Bluetooth device
could not be found. Pulling out and re-inserting mouse batteries was
required in order for OS to find the device and restore connection. Was
laptop's low battery charge a known factor?

TIA,

Norman

"roger" <roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a very annoying problem with my Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse
> Explorer for Bluetooth. When after putting my computer in sleep mode the
> bluetooth mouse does not reconnect.
>
> The only thing I can do is pull the batteries out of the mouse and put
> them
> back in and only then it decides to reconnect.
>
> I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit with the latest 64-bit MS
> Wireless IntelliMouse drivers.
>
> When logging onto the computer after completely shutting down the computer
> (not sleep mode) the mouse reconnects just fine.

roger

Re: Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state

The batteries in my mouse are brand new. Also, I have the Bluetooth
receiver connected to the onboard USB port so having some flakey USB hub is
not the issue either.

It's a shame because Vista's sleep mode is extremely fast and convenient.
Beats having to cold boot into the operating system every time.

I guess pulling the mouse batteries out and then putting them back in every
time the computer comes out of sleep mode is an inconvience we'll just have
to live with for the time being. :-(

"Norman" wrote:

> Similar problem using Vista Ultimate on an Acer 7720 laptop with MS's
> Bluetooth 5000 mouse. Connection of device was lost after a "sleep mode"
> shut off. On re-start laptop had a low battery charge and Bluetooth device
> could not be found. Pulling out and re-inserting mouse batteries was
> required in order for OS to find the device and restore connection. Was
> laptop's low battery charge a known factor?
>
> TIA,
>
> Norman
>
> "roger" <roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a very annoying problem with my Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse
> > Explorer for Bluetooth. When after putting my computer in sleep mode the
> > bluetooth mouse does not reconnect.
> >
> > The only thing I can do is pull the batteries out of the mouse and put
> > them
> > back in and only then it decides to reconnect.
> >
> > I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit with the latest 64-bit MS
> > Wireless IntelliMouse drivers.
> >
> > When logging onto the computer after completely shutting down the computer
> > (not sleep mode) the mouse reconnects just fine.

defrag1720

Re: Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state

I have a Dell 1720 that is three weeks old and have had bluetooth mouse
problems since day one. I have been in daily contact (they call me) with
Dell support since last Wednesday. They have tried numerous things and
the problem is getting better. It will only kick out now once every 3 or
4 turn offs. It is coming out of sleep mode ok about 95% of the time. It
seems the problem is mostly centered on how Vista handles the radio card
when waking or getting turned on. I had read something about this on
Microsoft support and they had a patch (uncertifed) but it did not
help.
Frag

--
defrag1720
samwardill

Re: Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state

I have the same problem with a USB mouse. Any solutions?

--
samwardill
samwardill's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=48006

http://forums.techarena.in

aleggitt

Re: Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state

I have the same type of problem with an HP wireless mouse, after my
Vista goes into sleep mode. It no longer detects the mouse - my keyboard
can type letters, but the buttons for volume and sleep (and other
hotkeys) no longer function.
I have to restart or shut down and everything is fine, until it goes
into sleep mode again. Any help or ideas appreciated!

--
aleggitt
tanuj_chadha

Re: Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state

did you go ahead & check the sleep state properties under power
management. It can be an issue that vista cannot wake up the driver
needed when it comes back from sleep or hibernate mode. It would work
once you restart the system because the application file is a part of
the startup programs. Try to disable all those things you don't need
using msconfig. & check if that helps.

--
tanuj_chadha
pscobee

Re: Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state

I have the same issues, but have traced it down further....

When I put vista in sleep and then wakeup, the bluetooth device looses
all bluetooth connections.

put it back to sleep and then wake and all is returned to normal. but
of course two rounds of sleep/wake is annoying...

when it doesn't work, you can go to control panel (bluetooth icon
disappears from the toolbar) and try and add or change settings, but you
get a bluetooth device error.

of course, sleep/wake cycle again and all is normal.

Common to many types of laptops, must either be Vista, Microsoft
Bluetooth stack or some combo?

--
pscobee
defrag1720

Re: Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state

Well I found out it has nothing to do with Vista. I am using Windows 7
now and the Mouse still does not connect after sleep state. It could be
a Microsoft thing that's in both Vista and Win 7.

--
defrag1720