Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IPAQ 2495 and VISTA HOME PREMIUM

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2008
pakman
 

Posts: n/a
IPAQ 2495 and VISTA HOME PREMIUM
I have an IPAQ 2495 hand-held and Vista Home Premium refuses to recognize it.
I downloaded and installed Windows Mobile 6.0.6000.16386 driver but it
doesn't help, even though MS says it will solve the problem. Anybody know
how to make it so that I can synch my handheld?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2008
Carlos
 

Posts: n/a
RE: IPAQ 2495 and VISTA HOME PREMIUM
pakman,
Did you follow the installation steps properly as described here?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx
* Connect your device to your PC.
* Download the Windows Mobile Device Center Installer to your PC by clicking
on the download link.
* Select "Run this program from its current location" and click OK.
* Follow the instructions on the screen.

Carlos
"pakman" wrote:

> I have an IPAQ 2495 hand-held and Vista Home Premium refuses to recognize it.
> I downloaded and installed Windows Mobile 6.0.6000.16386 driver but it
> doesn't help, even though MS says it will solve the problem. Anybody know
> how to make it so that I can synch my handheld?
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2008
pakman
 

Posts: n/a
RE: IPAQ 2495 and VISTA HOME PREMIUM
First off, thanks for taking the time to try to help.

Yes, I did follow those steps a number of times (including just now), but
the PC does not recognize the IPAQ -- it is an "Unknown Device" marked with a
yellow triangle in Device Manager. So, even though the drivers are
installed, nothing happens.


"Carlos" wrote:

> pakman,
> Did you follow the installation steps properly as described here?
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx
> * Connect your device to your PC.
> * Download the Windows Mobile Device Center Installer to your PC by clicking
> on the download link.
> * Select "Run this program from its current location" and click OK.
> * Follow the instructions on the screen.
>
> Carlos
> "pakman" wrote:
>
> > I have an IPAQ 2495 hand-held and Vista Home Premium refuses to recognize it.
> > I downloaded and installed Windows Mobile 6.0.6000.16386 driver but it
> > doesn't help, even though MS says it will solve the problem. Anybody know
> > how to make it so that I can synch my handheld?
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2008
Carlos
 

Posts: n/a
RE: IPAQ 2495 and VISTA HOME PREMIUM
pakman,
Maybe it is the USB detection "disease" of Vista.
Here you have patch that might help:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941600

Other than that I would go to Device Manager and remove the device together
with its drivers.
Then Control Panel, Remove Applications, remove the Microsoft Software for
Mobile devices.
Reboot and start from scratch again.

Carlos

"pakman" wrote:

> First off, thanks for taking the time to try to help.
>
> Yes, I did follow those steps a number of times (including just now), but
> the PC does not recognize the IPAQ -- it is an "Unknown Device" marked with a
> yellow triangle in Device Manager. So, even though the drivers are
> installed, nothing happens.
>
>
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> > pakman,
> > Did you follow the installation steps properly as described here?
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx
> > * Connect your device to your PC.
> > * Download the Windows Mobile Device Center Installer to your PC by clicking
> > on the download link.
> > * Select "Run this program from its current location" and click OK.
> > * Follow the instructions on the screen.
> >
> > Carlos
> > "pakman" wrote:
> >
> > > I have an IPAQ 2495 hand-held and Vista Home Premium refuses to recognize it.
> > > I downloaded and installed Windows Mobile 6.0.6000.16386 driver but it
> > > doesn't help, even though MS says it will solve the problem. Anybody know
> > > how to make it so that I can synch my handheld?
> > >
> > >

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2008
irun2bhi
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IPAQ 2495 and VISTA HOME PREMIUM

Pakman, Did you EVER find out how to sync your 2495? I too am having
problems and want desperately to fix this...thanks!


--
irun2bhi
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PC NEUF VISTAx64 home premium US vers Vista x64 Familliale premium Michel microsoft.public.fr.windows.vista.installation 2 02-24-2008 16:11
Retail 32bit vista Home Premium upgrade to 64 bit Home Premium - H rrdToledo microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 09-25-2007 04:38
Info su Vista Home Premium Premium Upgrade Stefano microsoft.public.it.windows.vista 0 09-10-2007 21:24
Remote Desktop - XP Home taking control of Vista Home Premium =?Utf-8?B?cGFk?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 05-13-2007 18:49
Windows XP Home (Full Vers.) to Vista Home Premium Upgrade (Academ =?Utf-8?B?VE5UZWFjaGVy?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 15:17




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:43.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120