Device Drivers for SATA/RAID Controllers

lifgard

Device Drivers for SATA/RAID Controllers
I built a new system and it seems to be running well.

I allowed Windows Update to download new SATA/RAID drivers after initial
Vista installation when it was going through all the Hotfixes and Window
updates.

Now, Vista attempts to reinstall the Nvidia device drivers for the SATA and
RAID Controllers after every reboot. The RAID install finishes and asks to
reboot now or later. The SATA gets stuck at Pending. I select reboot later
and use my computer w/out problem. It seems to be recognizing my RAID 0
array.

How do I stop this from happening?

Thanks.
--
AMD 6400+
Asus M2N-Deluxe
David B.

Re: Device Drivers for SATA/RAID Controllers
First, never install driver updates from Windows update, always get them
from the hardware mfg's website. I would try reinstalling the drivers from
your motherboard driver disk.

--

----

"lifgard" <lifgard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I built a new system and it seems to be running well.
>
> I allowed Windows Update to download new SATA/RAID drivers after initial
> Vista installation when it was going through all the Hotfixes and Window
> updates.
>
> Now, Vista attempts to reinstall the Nvidia device drivers for the SATA
> and
> RAID Controllers after every reboot. The RAID install finishes and asks
> reboot now or later. The SATA gets stuck at Pending. I select reboot
> later
> and use my computer w/out problem. It seems to be recognizing my RAID 0
> array.
>
> How do I stop this from happening?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> AMD 6400+
> Asus M2N-Deluxe
> 4 gigs Corsair XMS
> EVGA 8800 GTX
> (2) WD Raptor''s RAID 0
> Vista 32 Premier

lifgard

Re: Device Drivers for SATA/RAID Controllers
Yeah...I got sucked up into the big initial download after Vista
installation.

Should I delete them first or go ahead and reinstall directly from the disk?

Thanks.
--
AMD 6400+
Asus M2N-Deluxe

"David B." wrote:

> First, never install driver updates from Windows update, always get them
> from the hardware mfg's website. I would try reinstalling the drivers from
> your motherboard driver disk.
>
> --
>
> ----
> __________________________________________________ _______________________________
>

> "lifgard" <lifgard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I built a new system and it seems to be running well.
> >
> > I allowed Windows Update to download new SATA/RAID drivers after initial
> > Vista installation when it was going through all the Hotfixes and Window
> > updates.
> >
> > Now, Vista attempts to reinstall the Nvidia device drivers for the SATA
> > and
> > RAID Controllers after every reboot. The RAID install finishes and asks
> > reboot now or later. The SATA gets stuck at Pending. I select reboot
> > later
> > and use my computer w/out problem. It seems to be recognizing my RAID 0
> > array.
> >
> > How do I stop this from happening?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > AMD 6400+
> > Asus M2N-Deluxe
> > 4 gigs Corsair XMS
> > EVGA 8800 GTX
> > (2) WD Raptor''s RAID 0
> > Vista 32 Premier

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Device Drivers for SATA/RAID Controllers
Simply reinstall.

newsDF896DE-A5A6-4E0E-960E-8510FF8F00C0@microsoft.com...